Re: Yahoo Beta with IE7

  • Nelson Pacheco
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 1, 2006
      Chris,

      I double-checked and those values are not in the registry. So you
      are right, but I know it said succesful last time I did it.

      So here's my problem now. I get the following error message:

      Cannot import C:/././ie.reg: The specified file is not a registry
      script. You can only import binary registry files from within the
      registry editor.

      This group does not allow attachments, so I copied the text between
      the lines.
      Saved as ie.reg onto my desktop
      SAVE AS TYPE: all files
      ENCODING: ANSI

      Right-click ---- merge.

      Is the encoding the problem, should it be one of the other choices?
      What am I doing wrong.

      thanks,
      Nelson

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "S. E. Flemming" <foolsarah@y...>
      wrote:

      > Thanks, Chris, for the reg edit, but take pity on this kid. How do
      you merge
      > the text file? I tried with just a copy and paste to "ie7.reg" and
      with the
      > lines not wrapped. Right Click pick Merge and all it does is open
      the file.
      > I know I didn't do something correctly but it's been a Loooong
      time since I
      > did this stuff. Any help is appreciated.
      >

      > For God and Country,
      > Sarah Flemming
      > Pics: http://www.picturetrail.com/knittin_granny
      >
      > "Commit thy works unto the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be
      established." --
      > Proverbs 16:3

      [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVer
      sion\Int
      > rnet Settings\5.0\User Agent]
      > "Version"="MSIE 6.0"

      [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVer
      sion\Int
      > rnet Settings\User Agent\Post Platform]
      > "SV1"=""
      > [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Internet
      Explorer\Version
      > Vector]
      > "IE"="6.0000"

      [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Interne
      > Settings\5.0\User Agent]
      > "Version"="MSIE 6.0"

      [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Interne
      > Settings\User Agent\Post Platform]
      > "SV1"=""
      > [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Version
      Vector]
      > "IE"="6.0000"
      >

      > **** Copy between these lines ****
      >

      > Be warned - it's looking like this IE doesn't render the Compose
      properly -
      > my deletes and pastes are showing up a little strange.
      >
      > Chris

    • chris.price
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 1, 2006
        I just posted about this in my new (un)official capacity here:

        http://yahoo.weblogsinc.com/2006/02/01/using-ie7-and-y-mail-beta/

        It's easier to grab a per-built .reg file from here:

        http://www.fiddlertool.com/useragent.aspx

        Use the last one at the bottom of the page.

        Chris.

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Nelson Pacheco"
        <redsox_2004champs@y...> wrote:

        > Chris,
        >
        > I double-checked and those values are not in the registry. So you
        > are right, but I know it said succesful last time I did it.
        >
        > So here's my problem now. I get the following error message:
        >
        > Cannot import C:/././ie.reg: The specified file is not a registry
        > script. You can only import binary registry files from within the
        > registry editor.
        >
        > This group does not allow attachments, so I copied the text between
        > the lines.
        > Saved as ie.reg onto my desktop
        > SAVE AS TYPE: all files
        > ENCODING: ANSI
        >
        > Right-click ---- merge.
        >
        > Is the encoding the problem, should it be one of the other choices?
        > What am I doing wrong.
        >
        > thanks,
        > Nelson
        >

        > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "S. E. Flemming" <foolsarah@y...>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > Thanks, Chris, for the reg edit, but take pity on this kid. How do
        > you merge
        > > the text file? I tried with just a copy and paste to "ie7.reg" and
        > with the
        > > lines not wrapped. Right Click pick Merge and all it does is open
        > the file.
        > > I know I didn't do something correctly but it's been a Loooong
        > time since I
        > > did this stuff. Any help is appreciated.
        > >

        > > For God and Country,
        > > Sarah Flemming
        > > Pics: http://www.picturetrail.com/knittin_granny
        > >
        > > "Commit thy works unto the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be
        > established." --
        > > Proverbs 16:3

      • Trish
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 1, 2006
          Chris,

          That linked, worked perfectly. I just recenly (minutes, really) installed IE7, and ran the script, now my Y! Beta mail and IE7 work perfectly hand in hand! Thanks!

          -Trish.

          <redsox_2004champs@y...> wrote:

          > Chris,
          >
          > I double-checked and those values are not in the registry. So you
          > are right, but I know it said succesful last time I did it.
          >
          > So here's my problem now. I get the following error message:
          >
          > Cannot import C:/././ie.reg: The specified file is not a registry
          > script. You can only import binary registry files from within the
          > registry editor.
          >
          > This group does not allow attachments, so I copied the text between
          > the lines.
          > Saved as ie.reg onto my desktop
          > SAVE AS TYPE: all files
          > ENCODING: ANSI
          >
          > Right-click ---- merge.
          >
          > Is the encoding the problem, should it be one of the other choices?
          > What am I doing wrong.
          >
          > thanks,
          > Nelson
          >

          > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "S. E. Flemming" <foolsarah@y...>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > Thanks, Chris, for the reg edit, but take pity on this kid. How do
          > you merge
          > > the text file? I tried with just a copy and paste to "ie7.reg" and
          > with the
          > > lines not wrapped. Right Click pick Merge and all it does is open
          > the file.
          > > I know I didn't do something correctly but it's been a Loooong
          > time since I
          > > did this stuff. Any help is appreciated.
          > >

          > > For God and Country,
          > > Sarah Flemming
          > > Pics: http://www.picturetrail.com/knittin_granny
          > >
          > > "Commit thy works unto the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be
          > established." --
          > > Proverbs 16:3

          Yahoo! Groups Links

        • S. E. Flemming
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 2, 2006
            Gee, this was sent two or three days ago. Discovered that there were dup
            lines and my reg was in slightly different than Chris'. Hand editing the
            keys did the trick.

            Thanks for the lead, Chris.

            Sarah

            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 3, 2006
              Thanks Chris for the great info on merging Yahoo Beta with IE7. I
              am computer illiterate however I did figure out how to merge the old
              IE6 into the registry editor. Now I have this great IE7 interface
              along with the Yahoo Beta Email which I think is also great...just
              has a
              few kinks here and there. P.S. for those of you (like Me) who
              didn't quite get what to do...open up the below .reg file and save
              it to your desktop. then go to RUN and type REGEDIT to open up your
              registry editor. Click on Files and Import and chose the file you
              previously saved...and tada! BetaEmail works!
              Thanks again
              Janet

              --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "chris.price" <pricecs@...> wrote:

              > I just posted about this in my new (un)official capacity here:
              >
              > http://yahoo.weblogsinc.com/2006/02/01/using-ie7-and-y-mail-beta/
              >
              > It's easier to grab a per-built .reg file from here:
              >
              > http://www.fiddlertool.com/useragent.aspx
              >
              > Use the last one at the bottom of the page.
              >
              > Chris.
              >
              > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Nelson Pacheco"
              > <redsox_2004champs@y...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Chris,
              > >
              > > I double-checked and those values are not in the registry. So
              you
              > > are right, but I know it said succesful last time I did it.
              > >
              > > So here's my problem now. I get the following error message:
              > >
              > > Cannot import C:/././ie.reg: The specified file is not a
              registry
              > > script. You can only import binary registry files from within
              the
              > > registry editor.
              > >
              > > This group does not allow attachments, so I copied the text
              between
              > > the lines.
              > > Saved as ie.reg onto my desktop
              > > SAVE AS TYPE: all files
              > > ENCODING: ANSI
              > >
              > > Right-click ---- merge.
              > >
              > > Is the encoding the problem, should it be one of the other
              choices?
              > > What am I doing wrong.
              > >
              > > thanks,
              > > Nelson
              > >

              > > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "S. E. Flemming" <foolsarah@y...>
              > > wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Thanks, Chris, for the reg edit, but take pity on this kid.
              How do
              > > you merge
              > > > the text file? I tried with just a copy and paste to "ie7.reg"
              and
              > > with the
              > > > lines not wrapped. Right Click pick Merge and all it does is
              open
              > > the file.
              > > > I know I didn't do something correctly but it's been a Loooong
              > > time since I
              > > > did this stuff. Any help is appreciated.
              > > >

              > > > For God and Country,
              > > > Sarah Flemming
              > > > Pics: http://www.picturetrail.com/knittin_granny
              > > >
              > > > "Commit thy works unto the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be
              > > established." --
              > > > Proverbs 16:3

            • Chris Price
              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 3, 2006
                Well - I wouldn't say IE7 is great :)

                Firefox is way better - and not in beta...

                Chris.

> [...]

                > > Nelson
                > >

                > > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "S. E. Flemming" <foolsarah@y...>
                > > wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Thanks, Chris, for the reg edit, but take pity on this kid.
                How do
                > > you merge
                > > > the text file? I tried with just a copy and paste to "ie7.reg"
                and
                > > with the
                > > > lines not wrapped. Right Click pick Merge and all it does is
                open
                > > the file.
                > > > I know I didn't do something correctly but it's been a Loooong
                > > time since I
                > > > did this stuff. Any help is appreciated.
                > > >

                > > > For God and Country,
                > > > Sarah Flemming
                > > > Pics: http://www.picturetrail.com/knittin_granny
                > > >
                > > > "Commit thy works unto the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be

                Expert advice Expert Advice
                YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                Visit your group "Y-Mail" on the web.

              • R . S a h a y
                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 4, 2006
                  Thanks Chris
                  Your answer did it for me.
                  IE7 and Yahoo mail beta is wonderful.
                  I am a plus subscriber in India with .com email address.
                  rrs