Re: [Y-Mail] Re: Yahoo Beta with IE7

  • S. E. Flemming
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 1, 2006
      Thanks, Chris, for the reg edit, but take pity on this kid. How do you merge
      the text file? I tried with just a copy and paste to "ie7.reg" and with the
      lines not wrapped. Right Click pick Merge and all it does is open the file.
      I know I didn't do something correctly but it's been a Loooong time since I
      did this stuff. Any help is appreciated.

      For God and Country,
      Sarah Flemming
      Pics: http://www.picturetrail.com/knittin_granny

      "Commit thy works unto the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be established." --
      Proverbs 16:3
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 1, 2006
        Chris,

        I double-checked and those values are not in the registry. So you
        are right, but I know it said succesful last time I did it.

        So here's my problem now. I get the following error message:

        Cannot import C:/././ie.reg: The specified file is not a registry
        script. You can only import binary registry files from within the
        registry editor.

        This group does not allow attachments, so I copied the text between
        the lines.
        Saved as ie.reg onto my desktop
        SAVE AS TYPE: all files
        ENCODING: ANSI

        Right-click ---- merge.

        Is the encoding the problem, should it be one of the other choices?
        What am I doing wrong.

        thanks,
        Nelson

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "S. E. Flemming" <foolsarah@y...>
        wrote:

        > Thanks, Chris, for the reg edit, but take pity on this kid. How do
        you merge
        > the text file? I tried with just a copy and paste to "ie7.reg" and
        with the
        > lines not wrapped. Right Click pick Merge and all it does is open
        the file.
        > I know I didn't do something correctly but it's been a Loooong
        time since I
        > did this stuff. Any help is appreciated.
        >

        > For God and Country,
        > Sarah Flemming
        > Pics: http://www.picturetrail.com/knittin_granny
        >
        > "Commit thy works unto the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be
        established." --
        > Proverbs 16:3

      • chris.price
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 1, 2006
          I just posted about this in my new (un)official capacity here:

          http://yahoo.weblogsinc.com/2006/02/01/using-ie7-and-y-mail-beta/

          It's easier to grab a per-built .reg file from here:

          http://www.fiddlertool.com/useragent.aspx

          Use the last one at the bottom of the page.

          Chris.

          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Nelson Pacheco"
          <redsox_2004champs@y...> wrote:

          > Chris,
          >
          > I double-checked and those values are not in the registry. So you
          > are right, but I know it said succesful last time I did it.
          >
          > So here's my problem now. I get the following error message:
          >
          > Cannot import C:/././ie.reg: The specified file is not a registry
          > script. You can only import binary registry files from within the
          > registry editor.
          >
          > This group does not allow attachments, so I copied the text between
          > the lines.
          > Saved as ie.reg onto my desktop
          > SAVE AS TYPE: all files
          > ENCODING: ANSI
          >
          > Right-click ---- merge.
          >
          > Is the encoding the problem, should it be one of the other choices?
          > What am I doing wrong.
          >
          > thanks,
          > Nelson
          >

          > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "S. E. Flemming" <foolsarah@y...>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > Thanks, Chris, for the reg edit, but take pity on this kid. How do
          > you merge
          > > the text file? I tried with just a copy and paste to "ie7.reg" and
          > with the
          > > lines not wrapped. Right Click pick Merge and all it does is open
          > the file.
          > > I know I didn't do something correctly but it's been a Loooong
          > time since I
          > > did this stuff. Any help is appreciated.
          > >

          > > For God and Country,
          > > Sarah Flemming
          > > Pics: http://www.picturetrail.com/knittin_granny
          > >
          > > "Commit thy works unto the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be
          > established." --
          > > Proverbs 16:3

        • Trish
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 1, 2006
            Chris,

            That linked, worked perfectly. I just recenly (minutes, really) installed IE7, and ran the script, now my Y! Beta mail and IE7 work perfectly hand in hand! Thanks!

            -Trish.

            <redsox_2004champs@y...> wrote:

            > Chris,
            >
            > I double-checked and those values are not in the registry. So you
            > are right, but I know it said succesful last time I did it.
            >
            > So here's my problem now. I get the following error message:
            >
            > Cannot import C:/././ie.reg: The specified file is not a registry
            > script. You can only import binary registry files from within the
            > registry editor.
            >
            > This group does not allow attachments, so I copied the text between
            > the lines.
            > Saved as ie.reg onto my desktop
            > SAVE AS TYPE: all files
            > ENCODING: ANSI
            >
            > Right-click ---- merge.
            >
            > Is the encoding the problem, should it be one of the other choices?
            > What am I doing wrong.
            >
            > thanks,
            > Nelson
            >

            > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "S. E. Flemming" <foolsarah@y...>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > Thanks, Chris, for the reg edit, but take pity on this kid. How do
            > you merge
            > > the text file? I tried with just a copy and paste to "ie7.reg" and
            > with the
            > > lines not wrapped. Right Click pick Merge and all it does is open
            > the file.
            > > I know I didn't do something correctly but it's been a Loooong
            > time since I
            > > did this stuff. Any help is appreciated.
            > >

            > > For God and Country,
            > > Sarah Flemming
            > > Pics: http://www.picturetrail.com/knittin_granny
            > >
            > > "Commit thy works unto the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be
            > established." --
            > > Proverbs 16:3

            Yahoo! Groups Links

          • S. E. Flemming
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 2, 2006
              Gee, this was sent two or three days ago. Discovered that there were dup
              lines and my reg was in slightly different than Chris'. Hand editing the
              keys did the trick.

              Thanks for the lead, Chris.

              Sarah

              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 3, 2006
                Thanks Chris for the great info on merging Yahoo Beta with IE7. I
                am computer illiterate however I did figure out how to merge the old
                IE6 into the registry editor. Now I have this great IE7 interface
                along with the Yahoo Beta Email which I think is also great...just
                has a
                few kinks here and there. P.S. for those of you (like Me) who
                didn't quite get what to do...open up the below .reg file and save
                it to your desktop. then go to RUN and type REGEDIT to open up your
                registry editor. Click on Files and Import and chose the file you
                previously saved...and tada! BetaEmail works!
                Thanks again
                Janet

                --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "chris.price" <pricecs@...> wrote:

                > I just posted about this in my new (un)official capacity here:
                >
                > http://yahoo.weblogsinc.com/2006/02/01/using-ie7-and-y-mail-beta/
                >
                > It's easier to grab a per-built .reg file from here:
                >
                > http://www.fiddlertool.com/useragent.aspx
                >
                > Use the last one at the bottom of the page.
                >
                > Chris.
                >
                > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Nelson Pacheco"
                > <redsox_2004champs@y...> wrote:
                > >
                > > Chris,
                > >
                > > I double-checked and those values are not in the registry. So
                you
                > > are right, but I know it said succesful last time I did it.
                > >
                > > So here's my problem now. I get the following error message:
                > >
                > > Cannot import C:/././ie.reg: The specified file is not a
                registry
                > > script. You can only import binary registry files from within
                the
                > > registry editor.
                > >
                > > This group does not allow attachments, so I copied the text
                between
                > > the lines.
                > > Saved as ie.reg onto my desktop
                > > SAVE AS TYPE: all files
                > > ENCODING: ANSI
                > >
                > > Right-click ---- merge.
                > >
                > > Is the encoding the problem, should it be one of the other
                choices?
                > > What am I doing wrong.
                > >
                > > thanks,
                > > Nelson
                > >

                > > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "S. E. Flemming" <foolsarah@y...>
                > > wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Thanks, Chris, for the reg edit, but take pity on this kid.
                How do
                > > you merge
                > > > the text file? I tried with just a copy and paste to "ie7.reg"
                and
                > > with the
                > > > lines not wrapped. Right Click pick Merge and all it does is
                open
                > > the file.
                > > > I know I didn't do something correctly but it's been a Loooong
                > > time since I
                > > > did this stuff. Any help is appreciated.
                > > >

                > > > For God and Country,
                > > > Sarah Flemming
                > > > Pics: http://www.picturetrail.com/knittin_granny
                > > >
                > > > "Commit thy works unto the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be
                > > established." --
                > > > Proverbs 16:3

              • Chris Price
                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 3, 2006
                  Well - I wouldn't say IE7 is great :)

                  Firefox is way better - and not in beta...

                  Chris.

> [...]

                  > > Nelson
                  > >

                  > > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "S. E. Flemming" <foolsarah@y...>
                  > > wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > Thanks, Chris, for the reg edit, but take pity on this kid.
                  How do
                  > > you merge
                  > > > the text file? I tried with just a copy and paste to "ie7.reg"
                  and
                  > > with the
                  > > > lines not wrapped. Right Click pick Merge and all it does is
                  open
                  > > the file.
                  > > > I know I didn't do something correctly but it's been a Loooong
                  > > time since I
                  > > > did this stuff. Any help is appreciated.
                  > > >

                  > > > For God and Country,
                  > > > Sarah Flemming
                  > > > Pics: http://www.picturetrail.com/knittin_granny
                  > > >
                  > > > "Commit thy works unto the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be

                  Expert advice Expert Advice
                  YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                  Visit your group "Y-Mail" on the web.

                • R . S a h a y
                  Message 8 of 11 , Feb 4, 2006
                    Thanks Chris
                    Your answer did it for me.
                    IE7 and Yahoo mail beta is wonderful.
                    I am a plus subscriber in India with .com email address.
                    rrs