Messenger In A Tab

  • js_monkey
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 30, 2011
      Hey all,

      We just added the ability to have your Messenger conversations display in mail tabs as this was a frequently requested option. You can change your default setting by going to Options->Messenger Options. Please let us know what you think!

      Regards,

      Chris
    • km
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 30, 2011
        I just noticed that on the top of my yahoo mail page it now says "Upgrade to Safer IE8"  .... It used to say IE9, which is what I did.  I also noticed on one of the replies from a Help request it said the same thing.

        Is yahoo now suggesting we go back to IE8?

        Kathy
      • Gray Fox
        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 30, 2011
          I recently lost the ability to see my messages displayed when I send them on messenger, and I cannot view the return messages from my chat friends.  Can you tell me what settings I need on messenger to see both sent, and received messages there?  The only thing I get is the lower right hand corner alert that my buddy has returned my message, but I cannot read it there either.

          grayfox

          We just added the ability to have your Messenger conversations display in mail tabs as this was a frequently requested option. You can change your default setting by going to Options->Messenger Options. Please let us know what you think!

          Regards,

          Chris

        • Henrique Junior
          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 30, 2011
            That is great! I've changed mine already.
            Thank you for the heads up.

            --
            Henrique "LonelySpooky" Junior

            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 30, 2011
              No, it is more like a bug n the page, maybe due to recycling old code to the new page.

              --
              Henrique "LonelySpooky" Junior

              Message 6 of 14 , Aug 30, 2011
                I love my yahoo toolbar and have been having problems saving pages.  So... I did what any good little Yahooligan does and I contacted tech support.  I was so thrilled when I actually got a response in just a few hours (now, if only the MAIL area could be so responsive!).... while not happy about the answer, at least I am reassured I haven't lost my mind.

                This is what they said----

                Thank you for writing to Yahoo! Toolbar.

                I understand you are getting the error message "There has been and
                error, please try again" when trying to save pages in your Yahoo!
                Bookmarks. I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused and would
                like to share some information.

                Yahoo! Bookmarks will be undergoing site maintenance from August 1, 2011
                until October 31, 2011. During that time, you will not be able to add
                new bookmarks or delete any of your existing bookmarks. However, you
                will still be allowed to view your bookmarks.

                We hope this information has helped you with your query. Please let us
                know if you need any assistance with Yahoo! Toolbar. We'd always be
                happy to assist you.

                Thank you again for contacting Yahoo! Toolbar.

                Kathy
                Message 7 of 14 , Aug 31, 2011
                  a bit like having a link to Mail in the top right hand corner when already in Mail! Small bug - no consequence. More humorous actually!

                  No, it is more like a bug n the page, maybe due to recycling old code to the new page.

                  --
                  Henrique "LonelySpooky" Junior
                  I just noticed that on the top of my yahoo mail page it now says "Upgrade to Safer IE8"  .... It used to say IE9, which is what I did.  I also noticed on one of the replies from a Help request it said the same thing.

                  Is yahoo now suggesting we go back to IE8?

                  Kathy

                • Silk
                  Message 8 of 14 , Aug 31, 2011
                    HI..I am still able to add to Bookmarks. Which Yahoo are you using?
                    I have Classic..

                    Message 9 of 14 , Aug 31, 2011

                      **3 months** for maintenance??  Wowser.  I'm glad I use another toolbar for bookmarks!

                      Message 10 of 14 , Aug 31, 2011
                        They are probably doing this in sections- so if you do start getting the error when you try to bookmark a page, at least you now know why.  :)

                        I am trying to get switched BACK to Classic email.  I seem to be having problems with the new version.

                        Kathy

                        Message 11 of 14 , Aug 31, 2011
                          Well, while not sure if this fits the topic, it's still related to the toolbar.
                          I had to reinstall Vista and Win 7 on 2 separate pcs and I needed to re-enable Yahoo! Mail as my default email program.
                          As everyone suggested, the only option is to install the Yahoo! Toolbar and enable the email from the installer.
                          Guess what... it doesn't work any more. I installed Toolbar 8.4 (latest downloaded from http://toolbar.yahoo.com) and it doesn't add the email option any more in Windows default settings.

                          Anyone has another solution/trick for this? How do I enable Yahoo Mail as my default email handler in Vista/W7 (for when you click on mailto:... links)?
                          PS: The old alternative solution of doing it when you install Yahoo! Messenger doesn't work either as of YMess 10... The email option has been removed from mess installer. So other ideas?

                             Ciprian M.
                        • js_monkey
                          Message 12 of 14 , Aug 31, 2011
                            I'm not sure I understand...are you talking about messenger in the new version of Yahoo! Mail? What lower right-hand corner alert are you referring to? Are you talking about the minimized conversation window? You should be able to click the flashing tab to restore the window and see the message.

                            - Chris

                            --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Gray Fox <ohgrayfx@...> wrote:

                            > I recently lost the ability to see my messages displayed when I send them on messenger, and I cannot view the return messages from my chat friends.  Can you tell me what settings I need on messenger to see both sent, and received messages there?  The only thing I get is the lower right hand corner alert that my buddy has returned my message, but I cannot read it there either.
                            >
                            > grayfox

                          • Gray Fox
                            Message 13 of 14 , Sep 1 5:06 PM
                              No, I am referring to the regular messenger window, and the minimized window alert.  Double clicking does not maximize it, and I cannot view my sent or received messages in the regualar messenger.

                              I'm not sure I understand...are you talking about messenger in the new version of Yahoo! Mail? What lower right-hand corner alert are you referring to? Are you talking about the minimized conversation window? You should be able to click the flashing tab to restore the window and see the message.

                              - Chris

                              --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Gray Fox <ohgrayfx@...> wrote:

                              > I recently lost the ability to see my messages displayed when I send them on messenger, and I cannot view the return messages from my chat friends.  Can you tell me what settings I need on messenger to see both sent, and received messages there?  The only thing I get is the lower right hand corner alert that my buddy has returned my message, but I cannot read it there either.
                              >
                              > grayfox

                            • Kenny
                              Message 14 of 14 , Sep 1 8:30 PM
                                Messenger in a tab is very nice. I like that you've included the pop-out arrow to pop the tab out into its own window. And I like that once popped-out, you can click a pop-in arrow to pop the separate window back into its own Mail tab.

                                Now if only Yahoo! would implement a pop-out arrow for mail message tabs as well.

                                Kenneth