A few current problems with new beta

  • Robin Siegel
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 6, 2011
      I've collected a few current problems I'm having with the new beta mail. FYI I have a 2011 Mac running 10.6.8:

      • typing text in the address and subject fields - and sometimes the content field - is delaying

      • folders default to opening at the top - I used to be able to open them at the bottom with messages in order from first to last, top to bottom

      • in all browsers, messages about half the time don't open - "retry" - and always extremely slow

      • in FF the browser crashes several times an hour

      • deleting messages is all messed up: delete one, it comes back. close a message and delete it - you've got the wrong one selected.

      • deleting the message I'm in will either take me to the next one, or the very oldest one, or another random one.

      • contacts has reverted to a previous version? an old replaced address appears instead of the one that replaced it!

      • can't select intermittent groups of messages, skipping some (to delete) - you can still select a list of emails and deselect some, but the other was faster

      None of these problems is probably permanent, I'm sure they're working on them - but as I said before, I want to act as a beta tester like years ago.

      Robin