Re: getting large emails sent

  • wordsletters@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 4, 2011
      Well, how large of attachments does everyone else want to work with? I'm trying to figure out how to stay here as I know that moving to a different place, like Gmail won't be any better and after 20 years I'm sure that all the wrinkles will get ironed out. I got hacked at Christmas and after that I put all my email buddies in a book on the desk. A hard copy is the safest way, as with a phone book. I know that it seems old fashioned but I feel much more secure knowing that I can get to all my pals and business contacts when I need to. I am never going to believe that any machine is going to take the place of manual labor, except maybe shampooing the carpet, but I don't expect it to be a vacuum and a carpet repair. I still have some work to do.

      Lets try not to make these things too important, there was life before computers and cell phones. Keep records, get in touch with your handwriting.

      Meg

      > How large an attachment do you want to send? Yahoo allows up to 20MB. Attach Large Files app allows up to 100MB.

    • Kenneth
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 5, 2011
        Handwriting skills?  I don't think I want to write down the details of 800 or so contacts by hand.  Especially when all I have to do is go to my Contacts, click on Actions, select Print All, select Your Entire Address Book in Detailed View, and then click Display for Printing and then print the thing out.

        On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 4:35 PM, <wordsletters@...> wrote:

        Well, how large of attachments does everyone else want to work with? I'm trying to figure out how to stay here as I know that moving to a different place, like Gmail won't be any better and after 20 years I'm sure that all the wrinkles will get ironed out. I got hacked at Christmas and after that I put all my email buddies in a book on the desk. A hard copy is the safest way, as with a phone book. I know that it seems old fashioned but I feel much more secure knowing that I can get to all my pals and business contacts when I need to. I am never going to believe that any machine is going to take the place of manual labor, except maybe shampooing the carpet, but I don't expect it to be a vacuum and a carpet repair. I still have some work to do.

        Lets try not to make these things too important, there was life before computers and cell phones. Keep records, get in touch with your handwriting.

        Meg

        > How large an attachment do you want to send? Yahoo allows up to 20MB. Attach Large Files app allows up to 100MB.

      • Lisa Esposito
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 5, 2011
          Wow, thank you Kenneth.  I didn't know you could do that.  I've been wanting to get all of my addresses printed and didn't know how  -  until now.  Thanks a bunch!

          Handwriting skills?  I don't think I want to write down the details of 800 or so contacts by hand.  Especially when all I have to do is go to my Contacts, click on Actions, select Print All, select Your Entire Address Book in Detailed View, and then click Display for Printing and then print the thing out.

          On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 4:35 PM, <wordsletters@...> wrote:

          Well, how large of attachments does everyone else want to work with? I'm trying to figure out how to stay here as I know that moving to a different place, like Gmail won't be any better and after 20 years I'm sure that all the wrinkles will get ironed out. I got hacked at Christmas and after that I put all my email buddies in a book on the desk. A hard copy is the safest way, as with a phone book. I know that it seems old fashioned but I feel much more secure knowing that I can get to all my pals and business contacts when I need to. I am never going to believe that any machine is going to take the place of manual labor, except maybe shampooing the carpet, but I don't expect it to be a vacuum and a carpet repair. I still have some work to do.

          Lets try not to make these things too important, there was life before computers and cell phones. Keep records, get in touch with your handwriting.

          Meg

          > How large an attachment do you want to send? Yahoo allows up to 20MB. Attach Large Files app allows up to 100MB.

        • Silk
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 5, 2011
            kenneth..
            " all I have to do is go to my Contacts, click on Actions, select Print All, select Your Entire Address Book in Detailed View, and then click Display for Printing and then print the thing out."

            Silk ............ just where did you " see Actions" in contacts?

            Wow, thank you Kenneth.  I didn't know you could do that.  I've been wanting to get all of my addresses printed and didn't know how  -  until now.  Thanks a bunch!

            Handwriting skills?  I don't think I want to write down the details of 800 or so contacts by hand.  Especially when all I have to do is go to my Contacts, click on Actions, select Print All, select Your Entire Address Book in Detailed View, and then click Display for Printing and then print the thing out.

            On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 4:35 PM, <wordsletters@...> wrote:

            Well, how large of attachments does everyone else want to work with? I'm trying to figure out how to stay here as I know that moving to a different place, like Gmail won't be any better and after 20 years I'm sure that all the wrinkles will get ironed out. I got hacked at Christmas and after that I put all my email buddies in a book on the desk. A hard copy is the safest way, as with a phone book. I know that it seems old fashioned but I feel much more secure knowing that I can get to all my pals and business contacts when I need to. I am never going to believe that any machine is going to take the place of manual labor, except maybe shampooing the carpet, but I don't expect it to be a vacuum and a carpet repair. I still have some work to do.

            Lets try not to make these things too important, there was life before computers and cell phones. Keep records, get in touch with your handwriting.

            Meg

            > How large an attachment do you want to send? Yahoo allows up to 20MB. Attach Large Files app allows up to 100MB.

          • Kenneth
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 5, 2011
              In the new Yahoo! Mail, there are four tabs going across the top of the page:  What's New, Inbox (or whichever other folder you are viewing), Contacts, and Updates.

              Click on Contacts.

              Now, below the Contacts tab, you will see black buttons with white text that say New Contact, New List, and then, following a search field, Actions.

              The Actions button is actually a pull-down menu, the first item of which says Print All ...

              Click on Print All and you will be able to figure out the rest.

              Kenneth

              kenneth..