Re: Good Grief, you guys!

  • Ruairi Hipkin
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 2, 2011
      in regards to "Storeonwheels", I don't use the Yahoo! Toolbar on either of the computers through which I access Yahoo! Mail (one is Windows 7, the other is Windows XP), and yet my Yahoo! Mail works fine - so Yahoo! Toolbar is not necessary.

      As for the original poster ("litblite"), you'll find this link useful...
      http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/technical_migration.html

      but if you want to talk to a human...http://help.yahoo.com/l/uk/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/forms_index.html (then press on the little button that says "click here to chat with an online representative"

      Hope it all helps

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "storeonwheels" <jaysweep@...> wrote:

      > I didn't read the entire content below, but i'm still having trouble with the new Yahoo! email. Do I need to download The Yahoo! Toolbar to get it working? I downloaded everything before and downloaded the toolbar, but it still took me to the screen that states "please continue here if you have not downloaded Yahoo!" Please fix the email. I know I've been working with this since it was installed.
      >
      > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "ltblite" <ltblite@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I am so disgusted with Yahoo. After they 'upgraded' our email, I now have several constant issues which irritate me. But to top it all off, they insist that I change my password because my account has been 'compromised' and someone is using my 'Messenger List' to send spam; or something like that. First of all, I don't even know where the messenger list is, let alone use it. Nobody has complained to me about aberrant messages.
      > >
      > > I can't figure out how to use spellcheck anymore (I'm on a Mac). When I use the back arrow within email I'm redirected back to their main page instead of staying in my mail area. When I am on the main page and a number shows up that I have mail, there is often no new mail at all. I hate the way they list contacts now. And on and on.
      > >
      > > I've sent them a dozen feedback messages and they don't respond. I called them on their impossible to find 800 number and after being transfered to four different recorded messages, each one of which warned me about how long my wait was going to be before I could talk to a human, the #^%$& disconnected me. I DON'T WANT TO CHANGE MY PASSWORD, damn it. So now I have to wade through an extra set of conditions to get to my mail; and I can see this will be never ending until I relent and change it. I told them I'm going to cancel my account if they force me to change my password. I have a gmail account, but I want to keep it for business correspondence only.
      > >
      > > Are any of you having these or other issues?

    • storeonwheels
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 2, 2011
        I wonder if I can switch back to classic email?

        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 4, 2011
          I tried...but I found I can't, so I doubt you can...sorry

          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "storeonwheels" <jaysweep@...> wrote:

          > I wonder if I can switch back to classic email?
          >
          > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Ruairi Hipkin" <ruairihipkin@> wrote:
          > >
          > > in regards to "Storeonwheels", I don't use the Yahoo! Toolbar on either of the computers through which I access Yahoo! Mail (one is Windows 7, the other is Windows XP), and yet my Yahoo! Mail works fine - so Yahoo! Toolbar is not necessary.
          > >
          > > As for the original poster ("litblite"), you'll find this link useful...
          > > http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/technical_migration.html
          > >
          > > but if you want to talk to a human...http://help.yahoo.com/l/uk/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/forms_index.html (then press on the little button that says "click here to chat with an online representative"
          > >
          > > Hope it all helps

          > > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "storeonwheels" <jaysweep@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > I didn't read the entire content below, but i'm still having trouble with the new Yahoo! email. Do I need to download The Yahoo! Toolbar to get it working? I downloaded everything before and downloaded the toolbar, but it still took me to the screen that states "please continue here if you have not downloaded Yahoo!" Please fix the email. I know I've been working with this since it was installed.

        • Silk
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 4, 2011
            Of course you can switch..i've mentioned how here at least 5 times..
            You people are lazy.. just put forth a bit of effort.. turn on your computer..only need to push a button.. Not too much effort.. then if you have your home page set to yahoo
            ( do you? tools..et al)  then read the fine print.. continue on to classic.. it's all there.. just needs a bit of thinking.. sorry no  " Just push the button"

          • adeomus ********
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 4, 2011

              try this page, followed from help on yahoo home page, to go to former type of mail :
              http://help.yahoo.com/l/ca/yahoo/helpcentral/

              Bastet
              Crows

              (unknown author).