Re: [Y-Mail] Change 'Send' Name feature is Frozen in new Y-Mail version
- Hello Rob:Thanks for your reply and detailed instructions. I ended up doing exactly as you recommend but it took me several attempts to get it to take. It just needs several tries, and maybe a logout from your email and log back in, to get it to take.Thanks again, and I was able to change my 'send' name.MarieFrom: Rob <rob.weigle@...>
To: "Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com" <Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Friday, July 29, 2011 3:27:59 PM
Subject: Re: [Y-Mail] Change 'Send' Name feature is Frozen in new Y-Mail versionI copied these instructions from the Yahoo! help pages. They worked for me. It is very important that you do step 4, without it the proper information is not displayed.
Last Updated: April 03, 2011
Yes, you can change how your name appears on your outgoing email.
Adjusting the "From" field changes how your name appears in other
peoples' incoming mail. You can also adjust the email address they'll
send a message to when they click "Reply."
Here's how to do it:
1. Sign in to Yahoo! Mail
2. Click the Options menu in the upper-left corner, and select Mail Options from the pull-down list.
3. From the list on the left, click Accounts.
4. Click Yahoo! Mail under Accounts.
5. In the your 'From' name" field, enter your name exactly as you'd like it to appear within your outgoing messages
6. If you leave the Reply-To field blank, your Yahoo! Mail address will be automatically included
as the return address in your outgoing messages. If you'd like a
different return address to be included, enter it in the Reply-To field
7. Click the Save button to put your new settings into effect.
You have to write something in the "Name" field. If left blank,
whatever was written there before will be restored and your changes
won't be saved. Please note that it isn't possible to 'hide" your email address when
sending messages from a Yahoo! Mail account. When you send a message,
your address will appear in the "From" field in the header of the
Note: “From” can’t contain special characters like the "@" symbol. And, the address in “Reply to:” can’t exceed 40 characters.
>From: kaarinaaa <kaarinaaa@...>
>Sent: Friday, July 29, 2011 9:50 AM
>Subject: [Y-Mail] Change 'Send' Name feature is Frozen in new Y-Mail version
>Hi: I have tried to change my 'send' name going through the Accounts option but it does not allow me type in the change. Does anyone know how to make this change? Thanks in advance.