New mail freezes every day + nicknames question + back key

  • sandimcg
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 25, 2011
      I seem to have a problem that I've never had until I was forced into the LATEST version of mail. I'm going along fine with a reply and suddenly, after a flurry of typing - the mail just freezes up and I can do nothing. This lasts forever. I've thought something was slow and gone away for an hour and even overnight. It never returns. I have to close that window by hook or by crook (using Windows Task Master). There is no draft saved either. It's really annoying.

      I thought maybe it was something wrong with Internet Explorer (altho all my other IE windows are fine). So I switched to Firefox. Well, the same thing happens.

      And in Firefox, somehow my nicknames don't work. I get a big red oval with the nickname inside of it. I have to enter the email address manually.

      Speaking of nicknames, what is the point of a nickname if you type in the exact nickname you want (like Sandi) and I get 5 items with the word Sandi in it and have to choose, even tho the nickname for the first Sandi on the list is Sandie Britton - with a nickname of Britton. That is so annoying and makes no sense!

      As long as I'm complaining, I WISH they'd make hitting the BACK key (which I'm trying to get over as a habit) ALWAYS present a question about whether it is a mistake or not. For a dummy like me, that would be a godsend in saving many a message I was laboring over.

      Thanks, Sandi