"Your account activity shows that you tried to recover your account password"?

  • kirikou_yuki
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 20, 2011
      This has happened twice in a rather short amount of time. Supposedly I tried to change my password by answering my secret question(s).

      As you've probably already guessed, I haven't tried to change it at all.
      As a safety precaution I once again changed both my password and secret questions.

      Whereas it's the second time within the same week however, I'm starting to wonder if I'm just having bad luck or if anyone else is experiencing the same problem?

      Kindest regard,
      Kirikou
    • adeomus ********
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 20, 2011
        hmm..
        sounds like you might look to see who may be interested in getting into your e-mail !

        Bastet
        Crows

        (unknown author).

        This has happened twice in a rather short amount of time. Supposedly I tried to change my password by answering my secret question(s).

        As you've probably already guessed, I haven't tried to change it at all.
        As a safety precaution I once again changed both my password and secret questions.

        Whereas it's the second time within the same week however, I'm starting to wonder if I'm just having bad luck or if anyone else is experiencing the same problem?

        Kindest regard,
        Kirikou

            Y-Mail-digest@yahoogroups.com

      • K-chan
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 22, 2011
          I was afraid that was the case. Sadly I don't really know of anyone who would be interested in getting into my e-mail.

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 22, 2011
            Hi,

            Someone [or "somebot"] is attempting to hack into your account. A similar attempt was made twice last week with one of my Yahoo Mail accounts.

            ** **
            ** ttfn, The Old Sled Shed **
            ** TheOldSledShed@... **
            ** http://TheOldSledShed.110mb.com **
            ** **

            --- On Fri, 7/22/11, Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com <Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

            > Messages in this topic (3)
            > 7a. Re: "Your account activity shows that you tried to
            > recover your acco
            >     Posted by: "K-chan" kirikou_yuki@...
            > kirikou_yuki
            >     Date: Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:48 am ((PDT))
            >
            > I was afraid that was the case. Sadly I don't really know
            > of anyone who would be interested in getting into my
            > e-mail.
            >

            > --- On Thu, 7/21/11, adeomus ******** <carpediemadeomus@...>
            > wrote:
            >
            > From: adeomus ******** <carpediemadeomus@...>
            > Subject: Re: [Y-Mail] "Your account activity shows that you
            > tried to recover your account password"?
            > To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
            > Date: Thursday, July 21, 2011, 4:06 AM
            >
            >       hmm..
            > sounds like you might look to see who may be interested in
            > getting into your e-mail !
            >

            > --- On Wed, 7/20/11, kirikou_yuki <kirikou_yuki@...>
            > wrote:
            >
            > From: kirikou_yuki <kirikou_yuki@...>
            > Subject: [Y-Mail] "Your account activity shows that you
            > tried to recover your account password"?
            > To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
            >
            > This has happened twice in a rather short amount of time.
            > Supposedly I tried to change my password by answering my
            > secret question(s).
            >
            > As you've probably already guessed, I haven't tried to
            > change it at all.
            >
            > As a safety precaution I once again changed both my
            > password and secret questions.
            >
            > Whereas it's the second time within the same week however,
            > I'm starting to wonder if I'm just having bad luck or if
            > anyone else is experiencing the same problem?
            >
            > Kindest regard,
            > Kirikou

          • K-chan
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 22, 2011

              Hi,

              Thanks for the response. I'm 'glad' that it's not just me. It's a shame nothing can be done about this though.

              I scanned my PC again to make sure it's not infected, it's about as clean as it's going to get.

              Thanks again for the response!

            • adeomus ********
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 22, 2011
                i guess some people think that everyone has sensitive info in their puters....
                i only use mine for groups and chitchat...no personal info or business,
                 am too paranoid for that !
                e-mail is useful to keep in touch with interest groups and friends though.

                Bastet
                Crows

                (unknown author).