Re: [Y-Mail] keyboard shortcuts: new loss of function

  • Lee Cline
    Message 1 of 21 , Jul 6, 2011
      Not sure--will look into this. Thanks G!

      Lee

      From: Ing. Rafael E. Silva <xijote@...>
      To: "Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com" <Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Monday, July 4, 2011, 10:14 AM

      When you hit the move key and you are at the top of your folders
      you can see that the top folders are numbered from 1 to 9.   Then
      if you want to file what you are looking at in one of your top folders
      then pressing the number shown was enough.  Now you have to
      select the folder and hit the enter key (Numbers are not working)

      Regards,
      Rafael E. Silva

      From: Ing. Rafael E. Silva <xijote@...>
      To: "Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com" <Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Monday, July 4, 2011, 8:36 AM

      Yes, I have.

      Rafael E. Silva

      Message 2 of 21 , Jul 7, 2011
        Hi Bruce, thanks for your feedback. The latest Mail is a departure from the Classic model for sure, and it does some things differently, which may mean some re-learning of tasks. But I do believe that after the initial learning curve, you'll find the latest Mail is a real improvement in efficiency from the Classic UI: fewer clicks to accomplish key tasks, for example, and native multitasking support. Classic doesn't support message tabs, so many folks learned to pop their email out into separate browser tabs in order to multitask. Now all this can be done right from the app.

        It personally drives me nuts having to relearn tools that I've been using for years...unless I know there's a clear benefit in the changes. We've carefully considered every modification and weighed the costs of relearning with the benefits that the new changes would provide. We may not get it right every time--that's where we need your feedback. But we respect your time and very much want to provide a mail service that you'll find efficient, easy to use, and delightful.

        Thanks again,
        Lee

        Message 3 of 21 , Jul 9, 2011

          One thing that bothers me about the new Yahoo email is that it apears we can only check for new email from the Inbox, which is quite annoying. I looked at the listing of keyboard shortcuts, and it even shows there that the M shortcut "checks for new email and jumps to Inbox." I often want to check for new emails that will be filtered to specific folders that are further down from the Inbox and it wastes time having to scroll back and forth from the Inbox to the specific folder(s).
          Is there any other way to check for new mail that doesn't involve having to go to the Inbox, a separate button/shortcut like there used to be? This was a really stupid change, tying it to the Inbox, when so many people use filters to sort email to other folders. There's plenty of room on the "Compose Message" etc. toolbar to add a "Check for Messages" button.
          Stephanie