Re: [Y-Mail] Digest Number 3281

  • Meg Renicker
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2011
      I am not sure why
      1) I am still opeing up in the Classic version
      2) then have to go to the task bar and click use newer version,
      3)  when that comes on I have to hit upgrade now button
      4)  and get into the email I can use.  So far I am not finding it any easier.

      That's a lot of steps to get into something that is only here to make my life simpler.  When does that happen again?

      Clare

      everyday starts out new,

      Meg

          From: Holly Hennessey

      2a. Re: how I turned back to Old Yahoo Mail
          From: b l

      3a. Re: Creating Filters in Beta
          From: TerraC
      3b. Re: Creating Filters in Beta
          From: Spencer Li

      4. forwarded memo from Yahoo///Yahoo! Mail is upgrading: What it means
          From: adeomus ********

      5. mail  disabled or discontinued
          From: wenhaohuang

      Messages
      1a. Re: sending and recieving..
          Posted by: "Holly Hennessey" hollyhennessey@... hollyhennessey
          Date: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:12 am ((PDT))

      Hey Silk, I can't find a "switch back."  How did U manage that?  Where is it?  My spellcheck still isn't working.

      ________________________________
          Date: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:12 am ((PDT))

      Wow! It's pretty sick the extent to which you have to go to undo their "new and improved" mail. Glad you mentioned there is no longer a link under help. (Pretty lousy that Yahoo hid it there in the first place.) Good to know that escape is no longer available should I be tempted to try the new and improved.

      Bruce

          Date: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:13 am ((PDT))

      Since I haven't received any information on this that I have seen so far, this is a bump in case there is more information about it now that wasn't there before.  Thank you.  TerraC

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "TerraC" <billnterrac@...> wrote:

      > I have been using Yahoo Mail for about 12 years I think.  I have followed the changes, and generally went into the new Beta versions when they are released to help test them out and learn how to use the new versions.  This current version, however, has made some actions more difficult than previous versions.  Specifically, creating a mail filter is now more labor intensive.  In previous versions, I could select the mail message, section Actions, and select Filter.  It would auto-populate the sender email address, but it was a field you could modify if needed.  Now, you cannot create a filter from your inbox.  And since the sender is now a "button", you cannot copy/paste the email address into the Sender field, once you have actually gotten to the location where you can create the filter.  I ended up adding the email address into Contacts so I could copy/paste the email address into the filter, but also was hoping that maybe I could create the filter from the Contact list and save some steps.  Overall, the beta version as not been that difficult of a change for me, but I really am disappointed in how filters are handled now.  Did I miss some method of adding filters that simplifies the process?  This was the only method I could figure out since the Beta release.  Thank you - Terra

      Messages in this topic (3)
      3b. Re: Creating Filters in Beta
          Posted by: "Spencer Li" spencer_li@... spencer_li
          Date: Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:05 am ((PDT))

      I'm not aware of a filter-simplifying process, but for copying the email addresses - you can right-click the "button" and the email address drops down which you can copy.

          Posted by: "adeomus ********" carpediemadeomus@... carpediemadeomus
          Date: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:54 pm ((PDT))

      some people were asking for the notice from Yahoo and i said i would forward the next one.
      here it is.
      adds

      (unknown author).

          Date: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:54 pm ((PDT))

      I'm writing to report the problem of my teacher's Yahoo!Mail. The
      address is
      xhshenchina@....

      She can not receive some mails. The sender will receive a reply message
      by the
      mail system which said:
      "This account has been disabled or discontinued ".

      Please help me with a good solution.

      Many mail system report this message. So I think it must be Yahoo's
      Problem.

      The detail are below:

      This is the mail system at host mx4.stanford.edu .
      The mail system
      < xhshenchina@... >: host a.mx.mail.yahoo.com [67.195.168.31]
      said: 554
      delivery error: dd Sorry your message to xhshenchina@... cannot be
      delivered. This account has been disabled or discontinued [#5.1.6]. -
      mta170.mail.ac4.yahoo.com (in reply to end of DATA command)

      Messages in this topic (1)

          Digest Email  | Traditional

          Y-Mail-normal@yahoogroups.com