New Reply Bar: Instantly Respond to Facebook Notifications and Email Messages

    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 4, 2011
    • Henrique Junior
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 4, 2011
        Yes, it is great not just for Facebook - it is the perfect excuse to introduce the threaded messages feature to keep the conversation going - but I've to admit that I have to adapt myself because I'm used to hit the "reply" button all the time (just did).
        Although I like the new reply bar, its position worries me because I still hope to get back the calendar timeline, and I understand that a loaded footer is a very bad idea. To me this mean three things: Yahoo will have to modify the current layout, will bet on a saturated footer or do not intent to bring back the timeline.

        --
        Henrique "LonelySpooky" Junior

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 4, 2011
          agree on 2 fronts

          a) interesting to see where calendar integration will go - my hunch is that it will all move to "What's New" tab +/- a separate calendar tab
          b) tricky to get used to using the new reply bar. It's convenient for continuing a conversation when you get to the bottom of an email, but only if you're using the mouse. If you're a keyboard shortcut person, hitting "r" or "a" is quicker .... and exactly what I've just done now!

          Still, a welcome feature, and best of all it's optional. I've kept it on for now, but if calendar timeline were to ever return, then perhaps may remove the quick reply bar.

          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 4, 2011
            The reply bar has an interesting behavior when faced with a sender with "no reply". In this case the reply bar disables itself and explains why.

            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 4, 2011
              yep, it's very well done. (though bizarrely if you hit reply button, still let's you send email to that no reply address)

              I also like how when replying to Y Mail group emails, quickly gives option to reply to group or to the sender.

[...]

            • Kenneth Ayers

                  When I have to decide if I was changing to GMail or keep with Yahoo, the timeline was the decisive feature to me.