Re: [Y-Mail] Re: New yahoo mail beta: calendar notification

  • Ashish Parnami
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 3, 2011
      Gabriel,

      Yes, deeper calendar integration with mail either as a tab or someone form is still on the cards. We are actively looking into that but I can't commit anything beyond it.

      Regards,
      Ashish

      From: G Pollara <gpollara@...>
      Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2011 13:20:25 +0530
      To: Yahoo Mail group <Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: Re: [Y-Mail] Re: New yahoo mail beta: calendar notification

      Ashish

      Are you able / allowed to tell us if there are still plans to integrate the calendar more fully within yahoo mail?

      It's a feature that is often discussed / requested in this group. For example, having it open as a tab within mail, recognising dates in emails, sharing appointments easily, etc... The previous calendar strip was not perfect but a useful and novel integration of the two and it would he great if yahoo took this to the next level.

      Many thanks

      Gabriel

      From: Joseph Friedman <joefriedman1@...<mailto:joefriedman1@...>>
      Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 21:33:28 +0530
      To: "Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com<mailto:Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com>" <Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com<mailto:Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com>>

      Can someone please tell me how to access the "Calender" option.  Have followed instructions to "Applications," then to "Calender," at which point the Calender appears for about two seconds, superseded by "Welcome to Calender," with a bunch of options - none of which tell me how to simply get to "Calender."

      I am convinced I don't need a degree in Computer Science to do this - right?

      Thanks

      Joe Friedman

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 3, 2011
        Ashish

        Many thanks for the feedback. Looking forward to whatever solution the team comes up with.

        Kind regards

        Gabriel

        Yes, deeper calendar integration with mail either as a tab or someone form is still on the cards. We are actively looking into that but I can't commit anything beyond it.

        Regards,
        Ashish

        Are you saying that under applications section in left bottom corner of new Y! Mail, you see Calendar application but when you click on it nothing happens? Ideally you should see the Calendar application link there and upon clicking on it you should see Calendar being launched in a new browser window/tab.

        Thanks,
        Ashish

        Yes, hopefully Yahoo will implement the calendar integration at the bottom soon. I was probably one of Yahoo mails best features.

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com<mailto:Y-Mail%40yahoogroups.com>, G Pollara <gpollara@...> wrote:

        > Are you referring to the calendar timeline at the bottom? If so, I agree, that
        > it's a useful feature missing. We're still awaiting a much-promised improved
        > integration of calendar within mail....

      • randall_shimizu
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 4, 2011
          Why was the calendar notification left out to begin with.