Re: [Y-Mail] Re: New yahoo mail beta: calendar notification

  • Ashish Parnami
    Message 1 of 17 , Jun 2, 2011
      Hi Joe,

      Are you saying that under applications section in left bottom corner of new Y! Mail, you see Calendar application but when you click on it nothing happens? Ideally you should see the Calendar application link there and upon clicking on it you should see Calendar being launched in a new browser window/tab.

      Thanks,
      Ashish

      From: Joseph Friedman <joefriedman1@...>
      Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 21:33:28 +0530
      To: "Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com" <Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: Re: [Y-Mail] Re: New yahoo mail beta: calendar notification

      Can someone please tell me how to access the "Calender" option.  Have followed instructions to "Applications," then to "Calender," at which point the Calender appears for about two seconds, superseded by "Welcome to Calender," with a bunch of options - none of which tell me how to simply get to "Calender."

      I am convinced I don't need a degree in Computer Science to do this - right?

      Thanks

      Joe Friedman

      Message 2 of 17 , Jun 2, 2011
        Thank you for our courteous reply.

        As you can see by my original message below, what you suggest should happen is not happening.  Do I need to click on one of the options to proceed (which I have tried), and if so, which one?

        Again, I appreciate your attempt to help.  This feature is a good one - if I could access it.

        Joe

        Message 3 of 17 , Jun 2, 2011
          Can you confirm if you are taken to a separate browser tab/window with Calendar page opened in background with a pop-up screen with header "Welcome to the new Yahoo! Calendar" and with details about features? If yes, then you just need to click on the X button on the top right corner on that screen to proceed. If its something else then please describe a bit more and I could try to help.

          Thanks,
          Ashish

          Message 4 of 17 , Jun 2, 2011
            <<if yes, then you just need to click on the X button on the top right corner on that screen to proceed. If its something else then please describe a bit more and I could try to help.>>

            you may be sorry you started this "adventure."  when I click on the X, it takes me back to your email.

            By the way, on another issue, the font on the left of the screen (folders, drafts, com pose,etc., as well as my incoming emails (including yours) suddenly became very small, and I can't seem to enlarge it.  any suggestions?

            Thanks again,

            Joe

            Message 5 of 17 , Jun 2, 2011
              Sorry others for the spam due to this discussion.

              Joe,
              I am a bit confused here. Can you confirm following in yes/no please?
              Did you click on the Calendar link under applications?
              Did it open a new browser tab/window for you?
              Did you see "Welcome to the new Yahoo! Calendar" pop-up on that screen?
              Were you not able to close the "X" button on that pop-up to proceed on to Calendar?

              Meanwhile you can always go to http://calendar.yahoo.com and access calendar.

              For small font on browser you should be able to find some option like TextSize or Zoom under View menu.

              Thanks.

              Message 6 of 17 , Jun 4, 2011
                Thanks again for your patience and advice.

                <<Were you not able to close the "X" button on that pop-up to proceed on to Calendar?>>

                I couldn't get it from Firefox (my usual browser), but in switching to Internet Explorer - success!

                Thanks again,

                Joe

                Can you confirm if you are taken to a separate browser tab/window with Calendar page opened in background with a pop-up screen with header "Welcome to the new Yahoo! Calendar" and with details about features? If yes, then you just need to click on the X button on the top right corner on that screen to proceed. If its something else then please describe a bit more and I could try to help.

                Thanks,
                Ashish

                Are you saying that under applications section in left bottom corner of new Y! Mail, you see Calendar application but when you click on it nothing happens? Ideally you should see the Calendar application link there and upon clicking on it you should see Calendar being launched in a new browser window/tab.

                Thanks,
                Ashish

                Yes, hopefully Yahoo will implement the calendar integration at the bottom soon. I was probably one of Yahoo mails best features.

                > Are you referring to the calendar timeline at the bottom? If so, I agree, that
                > it's a useful feature missing. We're still awaiting a much-promised improved
                > integration of calendar within mail....
                >

                > ________________________________

              • Chuck Neuenschwander
                Message 7 of 17 , Jun 5, 2011
                   for some reason my Yahoo classic pages now have a large font.
                  I cannot find anything under OPTIONS to change it back.
                  Any suggestions?
                  --Chuck
                • adeomus ********
                  Message 8 of 17 , Jun 5, 2011
                    i have not yet seen any of that....maybe it's only in certain cases ?
                    like the empty e-mails ??

                    Bastet
                    Crows

                    -- Beloved Bast, mistress of happiness and bounty, twin of the Sun God, slay the evil that afflicts our minds as you slew the serpent Apep. With your graceful stealth anticipate the moves of all who perpetrate cruelties and stay their hands against the children of light.

                    Message 9 of 17 , Jun 6, 2011

                       ah, no; it is all emails and the entire Yahoo window
                      To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
                      Date: Sunday, June 5, 2011, 4:33 PM

                      Message 10 of 17 , Jun 7, 2011

                        okay, I figured out part of it. The L A R G E   F O N T  problem is only when I'm in FireFox, not Chrome or MSIE.  So, how does FireFox isolate a particular program like Yahoo for large fonts, and how do I fix it?
                      • Chuck Neuenschwander
                        Message 11 of 17 , Jun 7, 2011

                           okay, in FireFox I can go to any website. I can go to Yahoo.com okay. But as soon as I click on  MAIL  and get to my Yahoo Classic Mail page, everything goes to large font.

                        • adeomus ********
                          Message 12 of 17 , Jun 7, 2011
                            maybe you can change your font if you go to " tools " > options > font ?

                            Message 13 of 17 , Jun 8, 2011
                              yes, yes, yes   Thank you soo much Lee
                              The ZZZOOOOOOOOOOOOMM  was on and is now off.
                              DUH !!!!!

                              Hi, I had this problem with the new version and it was driving me nuts!!
                              I use Mozilla and have just found a way of changing the font back. On the top menu bar in Mozilla click on View - choose Zoom - click on Reset. This worked for me so hopefully will help you and others. Good Luck!
                              --Lee

                              You can only understand life backwards,
                              but we must live it forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

                              maybe you can change your font if you go to " tools " > options > font ?