chat messages?

  • Mimi
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2011
      Hi so i added someone who asked me to add them to my chat list. I hit accept, and mistakenly put my email address for theirs, so now their name is listed in my contacts but the email address associated is mine.

      Their chat Id is also added along with this "new" contact. I notice this when I attempt to forward something to myself. Anyhow my question is, were they as a result prevy to any chat messages or conversations I may have had since adding them on. When someone sends me a chat message, ar they automatically gonna get it too because their chat Id is now associated with my email? Thanks.
    • GuillaumeB
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 2, 2011
        mmm tricky

        If I understand well if you have put their chat ID then you should be able to talk to them. The ID is the important part of the messenger feature. After that this messenger contact can have any kind of email address.

        Take for example someone who has two Yahoo ID : one for messenger and one stricly for email. this person would have "messenger @ yahoo.com" and "mail @ yahoo.com" for example. from what you are describing then it just happens that "mail @ yahoo.com" is your email address. Isn't it the same kind of situation where the email would be different from the messenger ID ?

        Try going to the address book and edit the contact in formation but replacing your email address with his