Beta Not on All PC's

  • John Desmond
    Message 1 of 6 , May 4, 2011
      Hi All,

      I upgraded to Beta the other day, but I find that when I go to other PC's it loads the old style.  I tried going to the invitation email and upgrading using that option, but cannot find the option to upgrade. It is as if it is a one time use.   Hmmm....  It is probably cockpit trouble, but I cannot see why it does not come up with Beta whenever I log into Yahoo Mail.

      Any ideas?

      Thanks, John
    • Kenneth Ayers
      Message 2 of 6 , May 5, 2011
        It should come up in Beta wherever you login.  But regardless, you don't need an email invitation to upgrade.  Just go to http://features.mail.yahoo.com/

      • John Desmond
        Message 3 of 6 , May 5, 2011
          Yep, that is just it.  It "should" come up but does not.  that is the page that I go to, but I no longer see the link to upgrade.  I don't know why I cannot see that link any longer.

          John

          Message 4 of 6 , May 6, 2011
            I found the problem,  I had to clear the cache.  All is good now.

            One more question though.

            I usually read my mail so that the newer mail is on the bottom sorted by date.  Every time I log back into Yahoo mail I have to click on the DATE Bar and select it so the arrow is up so the newer mail shows on the bottom.  Is there a way to make it learn that preference so I do not have to do that every time?

            John

              I just tested mine and Yahoo! is remembering my Date sort order from login to login alright.

              --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, John Desmond <k0tg@...> wrote:

              > I found the problem,  I had to clear the cache.  All is good now.
              >

              > One more question though.
              >
              > I usually read my mail so that the newer mail is on the bottom sorted by date.  Every time I log back into Yahoo mail I have to click on the DATE Bar and select it so the arrow is up so the newer mail shows on the bottom.  Is there a way to make it learn that preference so I do not have to do that every time?
              >

              > John

            • John Desmond
              Message 6 of 6 , May 7, 2011
                Thanks Kenny,

                It makes me think it is a account setting then.  I'll keep looking.

                John