Disposable Email Address setup - minor issue

  • steve_chadheath
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 16, 2011
      When setting up a new 'DEA', say, to sign up to a new website, I would previously see confirmation of the new address in the Yahoo! setup page, highlight and copy the new address, then go back to the web page I created the address for, paste in the new DEA and continue signing up to the particular website. (e.g. - basename- newkeyword @...)

      For a while now, the Yahoo! confirmation page has shown the new DEA but now splits up the address by placing the new keyword into a separate field (e.g. - basename-[newkeyword] @...).

      This means that it is not possible to simply copy the new DEA in one hit, but rather, when highlighting the new address, I am only able to copy the 'base-name' and '@...' part. (In place of the new keyword, I have copied 2 or 3 spaces instead).

      I then need to go to the new website and enter my newly-created email address in three parts: (a) pasting the 'base-name' and '@yahoo...' part of the DEA, (b) deleting the spaces, (c) re-typing the new keyword in place (between the base-name and @ sign).

      I know this is not a major issue but I do find it somewhat annoying as I do use the DEA utility fairly frequently.

      I wonder if other users are seeing the same thing and whether Yahoo! could make some kind of fix to allow a simple CTRL+C of the whole DEA.

      Thanks,

      Steve