Yahoo Mail Messenger small upgrade

  • GuillaumeB
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 15, 2011
      Just noticed that you can now choose to display all online contacts in Yahoo Mail Messenger or just the top contacts.

      Screenshots :

      http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/7451/oneut.png
      http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/6636/twoc.png

      But then again... if only, if only the Jabber protocole were supported...
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 15, 2011

        Saw that too. Small upgrade but all reassuring that little refinements still coming.

        It would be good to have a changelog for each upgrade so we know what to look out for.

        Oh and what's jabber protocol?

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 15, 2011
          I notice that from within Yahoo! Mail / Messenger Options / Privacy, I can select to "ignore only the users blocked below" which refers to a blocked users list.  I can also selectively remove users from the blocked users list from this same window.  But there is no way of adding users to the blocked users list from within Yahoo! Mail.

          The ability to add users to the Messenger blocked users list from within Yahoo! Mail is a much needed enhancement.  I realize that those Messenger chat/friend requests from people that pop-up in Mail have a block option, but what about being able to block people who are already in your contact list?  What if you need to block someone who previously was accepted for chatting?

          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 16, 2011

            Could you not remove their yahoo messenger ID from your contacts, so that you get option to block them next time that they offer to start a chat.conversation?

            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 16, 2011
              @ Kenneth : I know it's horrible. The system is pretty buggy as I illustrated here :
              http://is.gd/AmfeCC

              @Gab : Jabber is an open source protocol for chat. it is also used by Google for GTalk, which is what I am using the most right now.

              i've just had enough of those closed communication systems. it's time Yahoo hire someone smart enough to understand this.

              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 18, 2011
                Interesting about the Jabber thing - had no idea. I see your point on open source. However, Yahoo, MSN + Facebook are all on same platform and presumably make up vast majority of IM platforms vs GTalk (+ AIM?). So while Yahoo may be in "closed" communication system, isn't it catering for majority of IM?

              • chiliperiperi@yahoo.com
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 18, 2011
                  Is it possible to use my mail box