Re: [Y-Mail] Re: Stationary : new application ?

  • Rebekah
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 15, 2011
    When you click on the app, this box pops up, with a drop-down list of catergories to choose from.

    It's quite cool ... sometimes it could be fun to add something like this, I guess.. [screenshots attached]

    On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 4:56 AM, G Pollara <gpollara@...> wrote:

    I don't have it yet. What's in the app? A screenshot may be nice if possible.

    From: Rebekah <kattsby@...>Sent: Thursday, 14 April 2011, 23:30
    Subject: Re: [Y-Mail] Re: Stationary : new application ?

    I have it too. Don't know if it is by otherinbox ... it's just there.

    On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 7:21 PM, G Pollara <gpollara@...> wrote:

    Confirmation of new app. I don't have it yet - any info on it. Is it by otherinbox? Would be odd addition by them.

    OtherInbox
    otherinbox OtherInbox
    Try out the Yahoo! Mail Stationary app and let us know what you think!

    Message 2 of 11 , Apr 15, 2011
      Thanks for that. Weren't these features previously available in Yahoo Mail in the past? Looks very familiar.

      I'm not against them at all, but just questioning the novelty of it.

      However, I like that Otherinbox seem to championing yahoo mail apps - a) interested to see what their 2 apps in the pipeline are and b) hope this will encourage more developers to design new and innovative apps.

      Message 3 of 11 , Apr 15, 2011
        I've been away from Yahoo Mail [used to appear as lakeflurries here in the group] for a few years, but now I'm sort of taking a liking to it again. There was some stationery function ... a button in the toolbar, if my memory serves me right.

        On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 7:40 AM, G Pollara <gpollara@...> wrote:

        Thanks for that. Weren't these features previously available in Yahoo Mail in the past? Looks very familiar.

        I'm not against them at all, but just questioning the novelty of it.

        However, I like that Otherinbox seem to championing yahoo mail apps - a) interested to see what their 2 apps in the pipeline are and b) hope this will encourage more developers to design new and innovative apps.

        And btw did not stationeries use to be part of the Mail plus subscription ?

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "GuillaumeB" <guillaume@...> wrote:

        > Just found out that a new application called Stationery has been installed by default in my Yahoo! Mail. is that a new app. Dont remember seeing it before

      • Miriam Geller
        Message 4 of 11 , Apr 15, 2011
          Yes, indeed, this was available in the previous version of Yahoo Mail.  We took it out of Yahoo Mail Beta.  We got A LOT and I mean A LOT of feedback from people who used stationery previously and were very upset that this feature was removed.  Remember, Yahoo Mail is a global product with customers ranging from teenagers in Asia to more sophisticated users like yourselves.  While stationery might not appeal to you, it's something that many people enjoy.  Our internal team was heads down on core capabilities like performance tuning, spam protection, etc, so we asked OtherInbox if they could jump in and help us bring back the feature.  All of this is made possible by the Yahoo! Mail Development Platform.

          Miriam

          From: G Pollara <gpollara@...>
          Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 03:40:37 -0700
          To: "Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com" <Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com>

          Message 5 of 11 , Apr 18, 2011
            Miriam, many thanks for shedding light on this by writing to the group. As you say, this is a great example of the ability of the yahoo mail development platoform, enabling development of non-core options, whilst maintaining the impressive speed of the new platform.

            From: G Pollara <gpollara@...>
            Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 03:40:37 -0700
            To: "Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com" <Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com>