Stationary : new application ?

  • GuillaumeB
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 14 1:20 PM
      Just found out that a new application called Stationery has been installed by default in my Yahoo! Mail. is that a new app. Dont remember seeing it before
    • GuillaumeB
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 14 1:23 PM
        And btw did not stationeries use to be part of the Mail plus subscription ?

        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 14 3:21 PM
          Confirmation of new app. I don't have it yet - any info on it. Is it by otherinbox? Would be odd addition by them.

          OtherInbox
          otherinbox OtherInbox
          Try out the Yahoo! Mail Stationary app and let us know what you think!

          And btw did not stationeries use to be part of the Mail plus subscription ?

          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "GuillaumeB" <guillaume@...> wrote:

          > Just found out that a new application called Stationery has been installed by default in my Yahoo! Mail. is that a new app. Dont remember seeing it before

        • Rebekah

          • adeomus ********
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 14 6:02 PM
              oh, this too

              Stationery: Personalize your email using a wide variety of backgrounds. Stationery is only available to Mail Plus subscribers.

              Bastet
              Crows

              -- Beloved Bast, mistress of happiness and bounty, twin of the Sun God, slay the evil that afflicts our minds as you slew the serpent Apep. With your graceful stealth anticipate the moves of all who perpetrate cruelties and stay their hands against the children of light.

                  Y-Mail-digest@yahoogroups.com

              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 15 12:56 AM
                I don't have it yet. What's in the app? A screenshot may be nice if possible.

                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 15 3:08 AM
                When you click on the app, this box pops up, with a drop-down list of catergories to choose from.

                It's quite cool ... sometimes it could be fun to add something like this, I guess.. [screenshots attached]

                Message 8 of 11 , Apr 15 3:40 AM
                  Thanks for that. Weren't these features previously available in Yahoo Mail in the past? Looks very familiar.

                  I'm not against them at all, but just questioning the novelty of it.

                  However, I like that Otherinbox seem to championing yahoo mail apps - a) interested to see what their 2 apps in the pipeline are and b) hope this will encourage more developers to design new and innovative apps.

                  Message 9 of 11 , Apr 15 5:04 AM
                    I've been away from Yahoo Mail [used to appear as lakeflurries here in the group] for a few years, but now I'm sort of taking a liking to it again. There was some stationery function ... a button in the toolbar, if my memory serves me right.

                    On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 7:40 AM, G Pollara <gpollara@...> wrote:

                    Thanks for that. Weren't these features previously available in Yahoo Mail in the past? Looks very familiar.

                    I'm not against them at all, but just questioning the novelty of it.

                    However, I like that Otherinbox seem to championing yahoo mail apps - a) interested to see what their 2 apps in the pipeline are and b) hope this will encourage more developers to design new and innovative apps.

                    And btw did not stationeries use to be part of the Mail plus subscription ?

                    --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "GuillaumeB" <guillaume@...> wrote:

                    > Just found out that a new application called Stationery has been installed by default in my Yahoo! Mail. is that a new app. Dont remember seeing it before

                  • Miriam Geller
                    Message 10 of 11 , Apr 15 3:17 PM
                      Yes, indeed, this was available in the previous version of Yahoo Mail.  We took it out of Yahoo Mail Beta.  We got A LOT and I mean A LOT of feedback from people who used stationery previously and were very upset that this feature was removed.  Remember, Yahoo Mail is a global product with customers ranging from teenagers in Asia to more sophisticated users like yourselves.  While stationery might not appeal to you, it's something that many people enjoy.  Our internal team was heads down on core capabilities like performance tuning, spam protection, etc, so we asked OtherInbox if they could jump in and help us bring back the feature.  All of this is made possible by the Yahoo! Mail Development Platform.

                      Miriam

                      From: G Pollara <gpollara@...>
                      Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 03:40:37 -0700
                      To: "Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com" <Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com>

                      Message 11 of 11 , Apr 18 4:47 AM
                        Miriam, many thanks for shedding light on this by writing to the group. As you say, this is a great example of the ability of the yahoo mail development platoform, enabling development of non-core options, whilst maintaining the impressive speed of the new platform.

                        From: G Pollara <gpollara@...>
                        Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 03:40:37 -0700
                        To: "Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com" <Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com>