Re: [Y-Mail] Need help on disappearing downloaded files. Running XP

  • Michael Williams
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 13, 2011
      Try this:
      Create a new folder on drive C: called Downloads.
      This should be C:\Downloads
      Then open Firefox, and go to Tools, Options, General tab.
      Change the download directory with the BROWSE button to the folder you just created.
      Click OK and close out of the Options window.

      Try downloading again.  This time look in C:\Downloads for your files.

      From: Ing. Rafael E. Silva <xijote@...>
      To: "Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com" <Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Wednesday, April 13, 2011, 2:16 PM

      When I download any file using Yahoo and FireFox 3.6.16 or .15 the file says that it is
      wherever I selected it to get, but when I try to get to the file it has disappeared and I
      search it on C and the computer says it is not there.

      Any help please.

      Rafael E. Silva

    • Ing. Rafael E. Silva
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 14, 2011
        Shal
           The download manager told me that the file was downloaded.  If I try to
        load it from the download manager the computer said that there was a missing
        file (this could be 7-Zip or sqlite3.dll)  When I went to the place it was supposed
        to download, the file was gone.

           This happened various times at least 4 times.  I was trying to download FF ver 4.00
        Last night I used Safari to download FF ver 4.00.  The first time it hanged but the second
        time that I try to install it, everything was nice.  I started to use it then I turned off my computer

            Today when I try to use FF ver 4.00 it says that sqlite3.dll was missing.  I ran the installer
        for FF ver 4.00 and so far I'm running it well.   I'm planing to delete all files related to previous
        versions since I think some where there is the problem.

            I will also check my anti-virus programs as suggested.

        Thanks a lot for your help.

        Regards,
        Rafael E.