Re: imap.mail.yahoo.com begin to load emails from the start?

  • makc666
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 2, 2011
      I found a workaround way for this problem.
      I have created a new folder.
      And moved to it all emails from Inbox folder except first ~30 emails.
      So now I have just 30 emails in Inbox.
      Yes, the problem is still there that the email client tries to load emails from the start (old one).
      But as I have ~30 emails in Inbox then email client just load 30 of them. :)

      Maxim

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "makc666" <makc666@...> wrote:

      > Hi all.
      >
      > I just begin to experience problems with imap.mail.yahoo.com on my Nokia N8 phone.
      > All was working fine.
      > I didn't change anything.
      > In my setting I have option to load 50 emails from Inbox folder.
      > But today I see that email native Nokia email client tries to load emails starting from 2009 Year.
      > I tried to make the limit higher from 50 to 100.
      > But after that the email client began to load emails from 2006 year.
      >
      > Don't any one else experience the same problem?
      >
      > Thanks
      > Maxim

    • makc666
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 5, 2011
        I was a little bit quick.

        The trick I described helps you with Inbox folder.

        But the problem exists in all folders you have.

        So when you will try to access other folders with IMAP you will see only OLD messages.

        So this is really Yahoo problem? Or may be Nokia has broken something in it Email client?

        Maxim

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "makc666" <makc666@...> wrote:

        > I found a workaround way for this problem.
        > I have created a new folder.
        > And moved to it all emails from Inbox folder except first ~30 emails.
        > So now I have just 30 emails in Inbox.
        > Yes, the problem is still there that the email client tries to load emails from the start (old one).
        > But as I have ~30 emails in Inbox then email client just load 30 of them. :)
        >
        > Maxim

      • spencer_li
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 12, 2011
          This is working again now for me.

          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "makc666" <makc666@...> wrote:

          > I was a little bit quick.
          >
          > The trick I described helps you with Inbox folder.
          >
          > But the problem exists in all folders you have.
          >
          > So when you will try to access other folders with IMAP you will see only OLD messages.
          >
          > So this is really Yahoo problem? Or may be Nokia has broken something in it Email client?
          >
          > Maxim
          >
          > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "makc666" <makc666@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I found a workaround way for this problem.
          > > I have created a new folder.
          > > And moved to it all emails from Inbox folder except first ~30 emails.
          > > So now I have just 30 emails in Inbox.
          > > Yes, the problem is still there that the email client tries to load emails from the start (old one).
          > > But as I have ~30 emails in Inbox then email client just load 30 of them. :)
          > >
          > > Maxim

        • makc666
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 13, 2011
            Also now working for me with out any changes on my side.

            Other people at Nokia forums say it has been fixed by Yahoo.

            http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/t5/Messaging-Email-and-Browsing/N8-mail-issue-with-Yahoo/m-p/991103#M32803

            Very strange no one from Yahoo replied here.

            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 13, 2011
              Seems to still be an issue if you have too many emails in your inbox/folder; It did not work for me when I had 500 emails.

              Maybe it's Yahoo's way of telling me to be more organised!

              Anyone from Yahoo care to shed any light on this?

              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 14, 2011
                May be you see the old emails which left in you folder after the problem was solved?

                In other words...
                When the problem appeared your mail client began to download old emails.
                After the problem was solver your mail client again began to download new email but at the same time the old emails which had benn downloaded before the problem was fixed left in your folder.

                Maxim