Re: Can't attach a sound file

  • sean.yinc
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 4, 2011
      A .lnk file is not a file, its a shortcut. That's why you are having the problem.

      Find that shortcut in windows explorer or what have you, and then
      right-click and select properties. In the dialog that comes up,
      select "Find Target".

      That will show you the real path to the real file.
      Use that to send your attachment.

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Cindy Cozad-Rudinger <zadrud1@...> wrote:

      > It's a Windows Media audio file, a .lnk file. It's 674 bytes. It's a recording made using a digital recorder.
      >
      > --- On Fri, 2/4/11, sean.yinc <sean.yinc@...> wrote:What kind of sound file was it? I tried myself and haven't had a problem. Tell me the type of file, size in MB.
      >

      > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Cindy Cozad-Rudinger <zadrud1@> wrote:
      > > I posted this a couple weeks ago and wanted to try again. I'm still not finding anything in the Help section that addresses this. It is a small file, within the Yahoo attachment size range.
      > > I'd like to send a small sound file via email. I went through the usual procedure to attach a file, but once I selected it and clicked on "attach file," nothing happened. There was no attempt to load, no error message. I did a test with a regular text file and had no trouble uploading and sending that. I checked Help for sending sound files, but there wasn't anything helpful. Any ideas?   Cindy

    • Cindy Cozad-Rudinger
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 4, 2011
        Okay, I did that and found in a folder as a WMA file. Unfortunately, I had the same problem as before: when I clicked on the "Attach Files" button, nothing happened. There was no attempt to load, no error message.  Cindy