Re: Can't attach a sound file

  • sean.yinc
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 4, 2011
      What kind of sound file was it? I tried myself and haven't had a problem. Tell me the type of file, size in MB.

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Cindy Cozad-Rudinger <zadrud1@...> wrote:

      > I posted this a couple weeks ago and wanted to try again. I'm still not finding anything in the Help section that addresses this. It is a small file, within the Yahoo attachment size range.
      > I'd like to send a small sound file via email. I went through the usual procedure to attach a file, but once I selected it and clicked on "attach file," nothing happened. There was no attempt to load, no error message. I did a test with a regular text file and had no trouble uploading and sending that. I checked Help for sending sound files, but there wasn't anything helpful. Any ideas?   Cindy

    • Cindy Cozad-Rudinger
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 4, 2011
        It's a Windows Media audio file, a .lnk file. It's 674 bytes. It's a recording made using a digital recorder.

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 4, 2011
          A .lnk file is not a file, its a shortcut. That's why you are having the problem.

          Find that shortcut in windows explorer or what have you, and then
          right-click and select properties. In the dialog that comes up,
          select "Find Target".

          That will show you the real path to the real file.
          Use that to send your attachment.

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 4, 2011
            Okay, I did that and found in a folder as a WMA file. Unfortunately, I had the same problem as before: when I clicked on the "Attach Files" button, nothing happened. There was no attempt to load, no error message.  Cindy