harassment//lynnie

  • adeomus ********
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 1, 2011

      have any of you been harassed by spam, sexual stuff,  from this person ???
      lynnie <craignlynn@...>

      have written to yahoo abuse for the daily ( and often multiple) spams ( yes, go to spam folder, but NOW s/he is sending to the owners group !!!!!

      yahoo said they fixed it, but i still get them in my spam folder constantly and now
      was told by someone else again that the creep is STILL sending...

      how could yahoo have fixed it if the stuff is still coming just as often as before,
      and does it do any good to complain to yahoo abuse ?

      must be mining addresses from the group, but is on it with another ID so cannot ban...
      cannot find the bugger !!!!!!!!

      i sent a notice to the group to watch for this spammer, and if they could please send it to yahoo abuse...the more the better !!!
      and i put a note on the bottom to the spammer to knock it off !
      ( s/he could start bugging me even more, but i will send every single note to yahoo abuse)

      have any of you this problem with this person or another ?

      thank you,
      adds

      PNG Gothic Faery
      The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science." - Albert Einstein

    • Sasafrass452
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 2, 2011
        I haven't seen this myself, but the only thing you can do is report it which you've done. Replying to them is the WORST thing to do! I use Thunderbird, so my filters send ALL spam to the trash. Yahoo's webmail filters just don't cut it....

        **Sasafrass452**
        http://www.friendburst.com/Sasafrass452
        Owner- http://thexfactorusa.proboards.com

        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 2, 2011
          yes, yahoo USED to give us the option of sending spam/filtered stuff to the trash
          but now the only option is to send to spam folder..i don't know why this changed.

          but, also, does anyone know if the sender of spam gets any notice that their crap went to spam and was never opened ?
          (eg, when i send something undeliverable i get a mailer daemon notice to tell me)...

          if not, why not ?

          let THEIR inbox get inundated with undeliverable notices, at least there would be consequences to sending this stuff to all and sundry !!!!!!!!

          maybe they would get the hint !!

          maat.jpg Ma'at image by ogechi72

          striving to uphold Ma'at......

            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 2, 2011
              this creep is so arrogant s/he has used the same address for over  a year that i know of..
              i wish they would get the notices...

              if anyone from yahoo sees this, please think about it ?
              mailer daemons flying back at them ?
              then spammers might be stumped on how not to get flooded with their own medicine.

              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 2, 2011
                There is a button next to spam.folder that will.empty all of it in one go. I think that's.better as no spam filter will be perfect, so I prefer to quickly scan my spam folder to check.for any genuine emails before wiping the lot of them.
                If you.find a particular sender keeps sending you spam, you can always setup a filter for that particular address to be automatically redirected.to trash folder.
                You could also setup automatic organiser yahoo mail app to automatically sort spam for you. You can endlessly assign any email sender you like to a OIB spam folder (I don't think that's a default one but you can rename them as you wish).
                Hope that helps.

                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 2, 2011
                  i have a full complement of addresses for spam and filters for other.....
                  but i always have to check my spam folder because many of my own posts and those of my groups go there !
                  there is also no option to send things to trash ( as there used to be), only the spam folder is offered now.

                  thank you so much for your help.
                  adds

                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 4, 2011
                    I personally am rather glad they dump everything into a Spam Folder. Can I tell you the number of times legitimate mail from YAHOO Groups has ended up in there? Including this group?!? Not to mention, other e-mail I was expecting.

                    Although I download all my mail to thunderbird, I go into Yahoo Mail twice a week to check out the Spam filter. After I move all the Real Mail to the Inbox, I then empty the Spam Box so it can start out clean. And to see if there is anything else I'm interested in poking around with. So I actually do play in the official space often enough.

                    And part of the reason why I use Yahoo for my personal mail, is that on the more public e-mail addresses, I do get a lot of spam. The filter isn't perfect, nothing can be, but it beats nothing.

                    It also beats the NetNanny one of my ISPs was using for a while that blocked EVERYTHING from Yahoo. Yes, I couldn't even send an e-mail from my Yahoo accounts (any of them) to Myself! Let alone get group mail. I complained and they quickly took it down. *sheesh*

                    Still my group mail now goes to a Yahoo account, which occasionally sends it to Spam. Stupid Yahoo.

                    Lisa