Re: New Yahoo! Disposable Email Addresses - Issue #2

  • makc666
    Message 1 of 17 , Jan 8, 2011
      I don't know why they still didn't implement or in other words - returned back an old option which allows to select which Disposable Email Addresses I want to use to send email and which not.

      There is no way to filter.

      I will ask them again via my ticket.

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "alzagor" <alzagor@...> wrote:

      > Has anyone found a way to filter out the bazillion Disposable Email Addresses in the "FROM" dropdown when composing a new email yet?

    • Henrique de Castro
      Message 2 of 17 , Jan 9, 2011
        And I'll reforce your request with another ticket.

        --
        Henrique "LonelySpooky" Junior

        I don't know why they still didn't implement or in other words - returned back an old option which allows to select which Disposable Email Addresses I want to use to send email and which not.

        There is no way to filter.

        I will ask them again via my ticket.

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "alzagor" <alzagor@...> wrote:

        > Has anyone found a way to filter out the bazillion Disposable Email Addresses in the "FROM" dropdown when composing a new email yet?

      • jay eversole
        Message 3 of 17 , Jan 9, 2011
          No but wish i did
          Has anyone found a way to filter out the bazillion Disposable Email Addresses in the "FROM" dropdown when composing a new email yet?

        • sy1bzbn
          Message 4 of 17 , Jan 10, 2011
            Are you comfortable with editing greasemonkey scripts? I can put together a script to do what you need fairly quickly, but you will have to add your email addresses manually into the filter string before dropping the script into your browser.

            A nice and friendly interface can probably be done, but that will take a lot longer.

            --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "makc666" <makc666@...> wrote:

            > I don't know why they still didn't implement or in other words - returned back an old option which allows to select which Disposable Email Addresses I want to use to send email and which not.
            >
            > There is no way to filter.
            >
            > I will ask them again via my ticket.
            >
            > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "alzagor" <alzagor@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Has anyone found a way to filter out the bazillion Disposable Email Addresses in the "FROM" dropdown when composing a new email yet?

          • Kathy
            Message 5 of 17 , Apr 1, 2011
              This is only for yahoo mail plus correct?

              --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "makc666" <makc666@...> wrote:

              > Issue #2:
              > The second problem is that in old disposable email address feature there was a way to select from which disposable emails I can send emails and from which I can't.
              >
              > Now Yahoo! tells me:
              > http://www.ymailblog.com/blog/2010/05/change s-to-yahoo-mail-options-disposable-email-addresses/
              > ------------------
              > Changes to the `Sending Mail' option: Our current DEA creation lets you pick an option to send email from a DEA. With the new version of Disposable Email Addresses you will now have the option of sending mail from all of the DEA's you create. When you compose a new mail, you can find all your DEA's in the `From:' pick-list.
              > ------------------
              >
              > I am referring to this one:
              > ------------------
              > When you compose a new mail, you can find all your DEA's in the `From:' pick-list.
              > ------------------
              >
              > I really don't want to see all my 500 DEAs in the `From:' pick-list.
              > In old system I have checked only some of DEA's to allow sending emails from them.

            • makc666
              Message 6 of 17 , Apr 2, 2011
                Yes. This is for yahoo mail plus.

                --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Kathy" <kathy_9561@...> wrote:

                > This is only for yahoo mail plus correct?
                >

                > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "makc666" <makc666@> wrote:

                > > Issue #2:
                > > The second problem is that in old disposable email address feature there was a way to select from which disposable emails I can send emails and from which I can't.
                > >
                > > Now Yahoo! tells me:
                > > http://www.ymailblog.com/blog/2010/05/change s-to-yahoo-mail-options-disposable-email-addresses/
                > > ------------------
                > > Changes to the `Sending Mail' option: Our current DEA creation lets you pick an option to send email from a DEA. With the new version of Disposable Email Addresses you will now have the option of sending mail from all of the DEA's you create. When you compose a new mail, you can find all your DEA's in the `From:' pick-list.
                > > ------------------
                > >
                > > I am referring to this one:
                > > ------------------
                > > When you compose a new mail, you can find all your DEA's in the `From:' pick-list.
                > >
                > > I really don't want to see all my 500 DEAs in the `From:' pick-list.
                > > In old system I have checked only some of DEA's to allow sending emails from them.

              • n5in_ron
                Message 7 of 17 , Jun 28 10:37 AM
                  One thing that would help a lot is for me to be able to associate a DEA with one or more contacts in my contact list.

                  Then when I send an e-mail to 'John Smith' it would automatically use my DEA I have created for 'John Smith'.

                  I wouldn't have to take the time to search the lengthy drop down list for the DEA I have created for him. The list is unmanageable now.

                  This is critical for me as I find myself often missing the specific DEA and using my default address...which I am trying hard to keep secret...and not succeeding!!!

                  Ron