Re: New update for the calendar panel released

  • sy1bzbn
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 8, 2011
      I noticed that Kitchen Sink was gone from the gallery (flipping through Pulse updates) ... back in Dec 7. It was likely gone long before that too.

      Kitchen Sink went through some examples on how to interface with Mail using openmail (http://developer.yahoo.com/mailapplications/index.html). I believe I found out through GuillaumeB, but have not really dived into it after the install.

      With so much uncertainty and so many projects "sunsetting", it is hard to tell what the reason is behind the removal. But one thing is certain - mail applications gallery has not moved at all after the initial introduction, while YAP has been going full-steamed.

      Things like these make people wonder whether the company knows where it's heading.

      Someone in the knows should really say something about this.

      > noticed you have kitchen sink app - i can't see it anymore, not that I ever worked out what it did. Do you know?

    • sy1bzbn
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 8, 2011
        Both YMailCalendar.user.js (http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/91954) and YMailFixes.user.js (http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/91953) had new bugs fixing releases yesterday. So please update again if you are using either (or both).

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "sy1bzbn" <sy1bzbn@...> wrote:

        > This is a rather significant update in terms of usability.
        >
        > YMail Calendar Panel
        > (http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/91954)
        >
        > Changelog:
        > - (New) Scroll bar for panel
        > - (New) Tabs with better aesthetics
        > - (Change) Mouseover details are now per time interval instead of per day
        >
        > The time slots seen in the screenshots (http://y.ahoo.it/A7xEzoW6) are in fact RSS items, imported into calendar via RSS2iCal (http://pipes.yahoo.com/sy1bzbn/rss2ical). I am preparing a step-by-step tutorial on how to use the pipe. Hopefully it will be ready this coming weekend.
        >
        > (Note: If you are also using the YMail Fixes userscript http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/91953, you will need to update that as well due to interdependency.)
        >
        > ---
        > Blogs: http://y.ahoo.it/P4Upq
        > Albums: http://y.ahoo.it/JuaO0
        > Scripts: http://y.ahoo.it/ESt6l

      • Chuck Halverson
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 9, 2011
          Can I put in a request that if you are going to post subjects such as non-official modifications to the new beta that you include something in the
          subject line saying so like "mod" etc......It would help me and maybe others in this group differentiate what is being officially on mail and what is not.

          Thanks,

          Chuck
          St. Paul, MN
        • sy1bzbn
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 9, 2011
            Of course. It was not my intention to mislead. Thank you for the suggestion.

            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 10, 2011
              Agree entirely that it's disappointing that there has been virtually no progress on mail apps. Bizarrely, these have a much clearer niche and user base than the Facebook-esque apps yahoo is developing or encouraging others.to develop for use on its home page and (probably under-trafficed compared to mail) Pulse pages.

              Wish someone from yahoo would give us a heads up on the future of yahoo mail apps.