New update for the calendar panel released

  • sy1bzbn
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 6, 2011
      This is a rather significant update in terms of usability.

      YMail Calendar Panel
      (http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/91954)

      Changelog:
      - (New) Scroll bar for panel
      - (New) Tabs with better aesthetics
      - (Change) Mouseover details are now per time interval instead of per day

      The time slots seen in the screenshots (http://y.ahoo.it/A7xEzoW6) are in fact RSS items, imported into calendar via RSS2iCal (http://pipes.yahoo.com/sy1bzbn/rss2ical). I am preparing a step-by-step tutorial on how to use the pipe. Hopefully it will be ready this coming weekend.

      (Note: If you are also using the YMail Fixes userscript http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/91953, you will need to update that as well due to interdependency.)

      ---
      Blogs: http://y.ahoo.it/P4Upq
      Albums: http://y.ahoo.it/JuaO0
      Scripts: http://y.ahoo.it/ESt6l

        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 8, 2011
          I noticed that Kitchen Sink was gone from the gallery (flipping through Pulse updates) ... back in Dec 7. It was likely gone long before that too.

          Kitchen Sink went through some examples on how to interface with Mail using openmail (http://developer.yahoo.com/mailapplications/index.html). I believe I found out through GuillaumeB, but have not really dived into it after the install.

          With so much uncertainty and so many projects "sunsetting", it is hard to tell what the reason is behind the removal. But one thing is certain - mail applications gallery has not moved at all after the initial introduction, while YAP has been going full-steamed.

          Things like these make people wonder whether the company knows where it's heading.

          Someone in the knows should really say something about this.

          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 8, 2011
            Both YMailCalendar.user.js (http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/91954) and YMailFixes.user.js (http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/91953) had new bugs fixing releases yesterday. So please update again if you are using either (or both).

            --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "sy1bzbn" <sy1bzbn@...> wrote:

            > This is a rather significant update in terms of usability.
            >
            > YMail Calendar Panel
            > (http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/91954)
            >
            > Changelog:
            > - (New) Scroll bar for panel
            > - (New) Tabs with better aesthetics
            > - (Change) Mouseover details are now per time interval instead of per day
            >
            > The time slots seen in the screenshots (http://y.ahoo.it/A7xEzoW6) are in fact RSS items, imported into calendar via RSS2iCal (http://pipes.yahoo.com/sy1bzbn/rss2ical). I am preparing a step-by-step tutorial on how to use the pipe. Hopefully it will be ready this coming weekend.
            >
            > (Note: If you are also using the YMail Fixes userscript http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/91953, you will need to update that as well due to interdependency.)
            >
            > ---
            > Blogs: http://y.ahoo.it/P4Upq
            > Albums: http://y.ahoo.it/JuaO0
            > Scripts: http://y.ahoo.it/ESt6l

          • Chuck Halverson
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 9, 2011
              Can I put in a request that if you are going to post subjects such as non-official modifications to the new beta that you include something in the
              subject line saying so like "mod" etc......It would help me and maybe others in this group differentiate what is being officially on mail and what is not.

              Thanks,

              Chuck
              St. Paul, MN
            • sy1bzbn
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 9, 2011
                Of course. It was not my intention to mislead. Thank you for the suggestion.

                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 10, 2011
                  Agree entirely that it's disappointing that there has been virtually no progress on mail apps. Bizarrely, these have a much clearer niche and user base than the Facebook-esque apps yahoo is developing or encouraging others.to develop for use on its home page and (probably under-trafficed compared to mail) Pulse pages.

                  Wish someone from yahoo would give us a heads up on the future of yahoo mail apps.