Yahoo Groups email problems

  • Princess Lynne
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 6, 2011
      Many of the email addresses in one of my groups have been hacked. Is this specifically a Yahoo problem or what? Should I eliminate the group?

      Thanks,
      Lynne
    • Sasafrass452
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 6, 2011
        When you say "hacked", do you mean spam is being sent to the group from their accounts? If so, it sounds like someone is forging the email addresses. Or worse yet, one or more members may have a worm/virus that's targeting their addressbooks & spreading to the rest of the group members. It's a good idea to report it to Yahoo, & have all the members scan their computers!

        **Sasafrass452**
        Owner- http://groups.yahoo.com/group/thexfactorus

        On 01/06/2011 10:10 AM, Princess Lynne wrote:
        Many of the email addresses in one of my groups have been hacked.  Is this specifically a Yahoo problem or what?  Should I eliminate the group?

        Thanks,
        Lynne

            Y-Mail-digest@yahoogroups.com

      • Princess Lynne
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 7, 2011
          How do you report anything to Yahoo? I've never found a direct way to do that.

          Thanks,
          Lynne

          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Sasafrass452 <sasafrass452@...> wrote:

          > When you say "hacked", do you mean spam is being sent to the group from
          > their accounts? If so, it sounds like someone is forging the email
          > addresses. Or worse yet, one or more members may have a worm/virus
          > that's targeting their addressbooks & spreading to the rest of the group
          > members. It's a good idea to report it to Yahoo, & have all the members
          > scan their computers!
          >

          > **Sasafrass452**
          > Owner- http://groups.yahoo.com/group/thexfactorus
          >

          > On 01/06/2011 10:10 AM, Princess Lynne wrote:
          > > Many of the email addresses in one of my groups have been hacked. Is this specifically a Yahoo problem or what? Should I eliminate the group?
          > >
          > > Thanks,
          > > Lynne

        • Sasafrass452

            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 8, 2011