Re: [Y-Mail] Re: Puzzle - Differences between the version shown by Blake Irving and the Public Beta

  • Sumit Mehta
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 26, 2010
      I don't understand, why we are wasting so much time discussing Y-mail. Everybody knows that Y-mail is coming to dead end gradually.... The intent to be alive in the competition is apparently lacking in Yahoo. Look at AOL Mail... I have seen the new version.. It has very good, easy to use clean interface.. Though major features are lacking and also they are far.. far.. far.. behind Gmail but they really showed an intent by its project phoenix. I am not here endorsing AOL Mail but just giving an example..

      On Fri, Dec 24, 2010 at 5:37 AM, Henrique de Castro <hcsjunior@...> wrote:

      In picture #1 we can see the "Sort" option.
      We can also see a combo box with "View all Emails" (we have this in the All-New Yahoo Mail)
      Selecting a message from a contact that have a Facebook account shows an avatar with some kind of message to the left (status updates?)
      Chat windows have more options with something like "send files" (paper clip icon) and another function that suggests something related to "images".
      Chat windows, also, have something that looks like the "expand" function (or maybe change to tab?). It have, also, a menu called "start" (start what?)
      Contacts didn't have those annoying avatars
      ---
      In picture #2 we miss 3 functions: Video Call, Voice Call and Phone Call

      My point is that the beta version we are testing is nothing but a minimalist version and if the goal is to test, why not test the whole thing?

      --
      Henrique "LonelySpooky" Junior

      De: sy1bzbn <sy1bzbn@...>
      Para: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
      Enviadas: Quinta-feira, 23 de Dezembro de 2010 21:14:26
      Assunto: [Y-Mail] Re: Puzzle - Differences between the version shown by Blake Irving and the Public Beta

      Other than the calendar tab, there isn't a very big difference actually. Am I missing something big?