Re: Picture Thumbnails

  • sy1bzbn
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 18, 2010
      It's not some new buzzword. I meant to say the shape of the crop box should be in golden ratio instead of square.

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Cindy Cozad-Rudinger <zadrud1@...> wrote:

      > What's a "golden ratio" crop?
      > Cindy
      >
      > --- On Fri, 12/17/10, sy1bzbn <sy1bzbn@...> wrote:I have to disagree with this one.
      >
      > Images have all sorts of weird sizes. Cropping makes better sense than showing the entire image within a small space. However, a golden ratio crop may look more pleasing than a square crop.
      >
      > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "gary_gladstone" <gary_gladstone@> wrote:
      > > It is nice to have the picture thumbnails and the new picture viewer. However, the picture thumbnails are cropped. Is it possible to stop cropping the thumbnails and return to the full picture in the thumbnail?
      > > Gary

    • gary_gladstone
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 19, 2010
        The problem I have with the thumbnails is, in the Galaxy version of Yahoo mail, the thumbnails show the whole picture. In the current Yahoo Beta, the thumbnails are cropped which means that you need to open the thumbnail to see the whole picture. If the viewer is working, that is not too bad but does require an extra step. I find that the Yahoo viewer doesn't always work and then you have to go the extra steps to download the picture to then view, requiring additional steps and time.

        Gary

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "sy1bzbn" <sy1bzbn@...> wrote:

        > I have to disagree with this one.
        >
        > Images have all sorts of weird sizes. Cropping makes better sense than showing the entire image within a small space. However, a golden ratio crop may look more pleasing than a square crop.
        >
        > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "gary_gladstone" <gary_gladstone@> wrote:
        > >
        > > It is nice to have the picture thumbnails and the new picture viewer. However, the picture thumbnails are cropped. Is it possible to stop cropping the thumbnails and return to the full picture in the thumbnail?
        > >
        > > Gary

      • Harryh
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 19, 2010
          Wonderful. I have no clue regarding the Galaxy version, but if that's classic the thumbnails are distorted versions of the image. The fact that 'if the viewer is working' resumes the issue of no thumbnail display. This has irked me beyond belief. I finally gave in and used GMail for pix sharing groups where seeing the thumbnail was important. Gmail often doesn't do it right either, but more often than Ymail. Neither does it as well as Fastmail, but I pay for that bandwidth.