spell check

  • greatyoga
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 30, 2010
      i have Yahoo email. Whenever I type in words like the or they, they are underlined to indicate they are misspelled but I do know how to spell those words. It happened in this email also. Why? Is there a way to fix this?

      Thanks
      GB
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 30, 2010
        if it's underlining it automatically, then it's likely to be a browser spell checker rather than yahoo. which browser are you using? Check you have the right language setting as well.

        i have Yahoo email. Whenever I type in words like the or they, they are underlined to indicate they are misspelled but I do know how to spell those words. It happened in this email also. Why? Is there a way to fix this?

        Thanks
        GB

      • Sasafrass452
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 30, 2010
          If you use Firefox, you can turn off the spellcheck in the options. I'm not sure about IE, though.

          **Sasafrass452**
          Owner- http://groups.yahoo.com/group/xfactorus

          On 11/30/2010 05:02 AM, greatyoga wrote:
          i have Yahoo email. Whenever I type in words like the or they, they are underlined to indicate they are misspelled but I do know how to spell those words.  It happened in this email also.  Why?  Is there a way    to fix this?

          Thanks
          GB

              Y-Mail-digest@yahoogroups.com

        • Ing. Rafael E. Silva
          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 30, 2010
            Sasafrass:
                 I use FF but I can't find where I can turn off the spell check.
            (Using Yahoo Mail Beta).

            Regards,
            Rafael E. Silva Morales

              Message 6 of 12 , Nov 30, 2010
                Thanks, I found it.

                I think that it should be a better option if you could
                select, language and spell check at the same time.

                I read and write in various languages and is important to me
                to have the proper spell check available and easy to swich
                between languages used.  (Just an idea)

                Rafael E.

                Message 7 of 12 , Dec 2, 2010
                  I use Opera.

                  Thanks
                  GB

                  > if it's underlining it automatically, then it's likely to be a browser spell
                  > checker rather than yahoo. which browser are you using? Check you have the right
                  > language setting as well.
                  >

                  > ________________________________

                • JosephF
                  Message 8 of 12 , May 19, 2011
                    I have been using the new "Mail Beta," and am unable to use "spell check." Have followed directions, clicking on the checkmark, in the "format" section. All that happens is the misspelled word is uncerlined in red, but where is the correct spelling, as in the previous spell check under the "old system?"

                    In the above there appear to be two red uderlined words. Then what?

                    I look forward to your reply.

                    Joe Friedman
                  • Spencer Li

                      Message 10 of 12 , May 20, 2011
                        >  where is the correct spelling, as in the previous spell check under the "old system?"

                        It works for me. Are you right clicking on the misspelled words?
                      • Howard White
                        Message 11 of 12 , May 20, 2011
                          Right clip on the red underlined word.
                          Howard