Re: [Y-Mail] Re: Need OtherInbox & BoxBe feedbacks

  • Sasafrass452
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 21, 2010
      I got one, too. It looked like spam to me....

      **Sasafrass452**
      Owner- http://groups.yahoo.com/group/xfactorus

      On 11/21/2010 09:19 AM, GuillaumeB wrote:
      Well in fact I just received an invite to Boxbe... So now i'm wondering how each of them perform...

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "GuillaumeB" <guillaume@...> wrote:

      Hello,

      I was wondering if some of you have been using the  Yahoo! Mail application called OtherInbox..
      I installed it about a year ago and I was kind of afraid of the whole thing created stuff in my inbox so I removed it immediately. (yeh control freak probably)

      Anyway, are you using it ? should I give another try ?

          Y-Mail-digest@yahoogroups.com

    • Sasafrass452

              Message 6 of 14 , Nov 21, 2010
                wow! I've read all of your links, sounds like a program someone shouldn't use.

                Message 7 of 14 , Nov 21, 2010
                  Thanks for your links sasafrass452

                  so I guess i'll pass on BoxBe then.

                  Anyone tries the OtherInbox app
                • Sasafrass452
                  Message 8 of 14 , Nov 21, 2010
                    That's for sure! My Thunderbird filters work just fine, I don't need someone else to tell spammers to "bug off" :P But the worst part is your address is used to spam others, & you can't get out of it!

                    Message 9 of 14 , Nov 21, 2010
                      I googled it just out of curiosity, & found those links. It's definitely something to stay away from!

                      Message 10 of 14 , Nov 21, 2010
                        I use OtherInbox, and I have to say it works great. Very happy with it. Along with Flickr and My Drive, it's one of the few yahoo mail apps that are genuinely useful and improve how my email works.

                        Essentially, it works as it describes. It either guesses suitable folders initially for some emails (initially it's company type emails, and it recognises the sender's address), or you tell it to move them to a set folder, and all done. Emails come into your inbox (so you get alert) and then they get automatically moved to set folders in your inbox (usually within the hour - presumably it sweeps your inbox periodically to check). The only downside is for it to work, the folder has to be called "OIB .....". So it will create new folders called OIB shopping, OIB travel, etc... You can rename them to be anything as long as you have OIB stem.

                        I'd give it a go. I think it's an excellent example of how a 3rd party app can (optionally) enrich one's email experience. Shame it's one of only a few.

                        I was wondering if some of you have been using the Yahoo! Mail application called OtherInbox..
                        I installed it about a year ago and I was kind of afraid of the whole thing created stuff in my inbox so I removed it immediately. (yeh control freak probably)

                        Anyway, are you using it ? should I give another try ?

                      • Henrique de Castro
                        Message 11 of 14 , Nov 21, 2010
                          However, the experience with OIB would be much richer if we have the ability to
                          use subfolders.

                          --
                          Henrique "LonelySpooky" Junior

                          Message 12 of 14 , Nov 29, 2010
                            It's a pity that Facebook, etc. became so popular.  So called 'social networks' are a desired advert heaven given better demographics for targeted ads.  So we have various folk, like boxbe busy trying to improve their numbers so they might be able to charge more for their adverts.  Sadly, in the process, they totally manage to irritate potential users.  Odd.