Re: [Y-Mail] Re: Contacts 'Connection Refused'

  • Paula McCartney
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 16, 2010
      I can get to my contacts now.  That particular glitch disappeared.  Found a new one though - actually two related ones.

      First, when I try to run the duplicate tool, for some reason it marks as "similar" contacts that have completely different names, addresses and email addresses - nearest I can figure their only thing in common is a category.  Merging 162 contacts is just plain silly - who would do that?  That's a major glitch.  I think "similar" has a different meaning for that programmer than what it means for me.  I just want to merge the spots where I have two versions of the same person's information if you don't mind.

      Second, the duplicate tool freezes up after awhile.  Guess all those 162 mis-categorizations wore it out and it got tired.

      Then, once I have declined to merge contacts, it would be really nice if it quit trying to merge them and quit asking me about the same ones over and over again.  For goodness sakes, it's a father and adult son, you silly computer program, not the same person!  Don't you notice the two different addresses and email addresses?????

      OK, I know.  This isn't a major problem in the big scheme of life, but it is a bit of an annoyance when I am already busy. Especially since it took me hours to re-categorize 1100 contacts....

      In His Grip,
      Paula McCartney

      "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."  2 Timothy 1:7
      http://www.bereanhouston.org/