Re: [Y-Mail] Re: Adresses

  • Paula McCartney
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 13, 2010
      I didn't have any problem importing my csv file from my other software program into Outlook.  Mapping is offered as a step, so you can match the fields and all the info comes over without a hitch.  There are over 650 contacts in that file, so doing them one at a time is out of the question.

      The problem is, that even exporting from Outlook (07), the csv file that is created doesn't "match" fields with Yahoo or Google's import parameters.  Therefore, information isn't transferred.

      Exporting your Yahoo address book to your desktop as a csv file, opening it and seeing what their fields are named, then matching your csv field names with theirs, works fine.  Just make sure you copy their fields exactly.  I capitalized one letter where they didn't, and it didn't match up so I didn't get any email addresses transferred over.  I had to delete everything I had just imported and do it again.

      In His Grip,
      Paula McCartney

      "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."  2 Timothy 1:7
      http://www.bereanhouston.org/