On Yahoo! Mail and unified communications

  • GuillaumeB
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 3, 2010
      So as we know Yahoo Mail is now email + messenger + social networks.

      I remember in the Classic version I used to receive my Y!Messenger voicemail with a dedicated icon showing the number of Yahoo! Messenger voicemail received.

      You will find a screenshot here :
      http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/2752/voicemail.jpg

      I myself recently bought a Yahoo! Messenger Voice In phone number and I believe it would be nice for Yahoo! to reintroduce this feature. It could be done with an application showing an archive of Y! Messenger voicemails.

      In fact it would be quite dead easy to do so with a simple special filter for message sent by:voicemail-noreply@.... Granted I could do that myself, and i actually already do that with my mobile phone voicemail by transferring my Orange voicemail to a folder. But then i'm a pro-user and everyone should be able to do so more easily

      This way it would really tie their communication services all in one place and shows that Yahoo! Mail is not only about social stuff but really communication features.
      Now of course, I could add that voice over web messenger would be great as well, but honestly I know this will never happen
    • ottawahitech
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 3, 2010
        Yes, yahoo has given me one more reason not to use ypulse. On the rare occasions i visit my mailbox i get to see what every person i ever communicated with for whatever reason, is doing on their ypulse. Predators heaven.