Re: YDocs for Yahoo & Ymail Users!

  • GuillaumeB
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 3, 2010
      Well they have a chance to do something with the notepad which has been in beta for over 2 years and has not evolved since....
    • kerrynb@ymail.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 3, 2010
        Hi,

        In reply & response to your answer, we as Yahoo/YMail users would have to pay for this service. If we had our own YDocs, then we would have our own unique online office of our own!! Why should we tag off someone else who's already got it going for their own users? Yahoo can charge all it's users a fee to use someone else's services you know!

        My suggestion of the above, has already gone to the Product Management team for future development of this "app", if you'd like to call it that.

        I stayed with YMail as Google Mail (Gmail) is absolute garbage and everytime you go into a new application, a new window opens apart from your mail and contacts which are in the one application together.

        Yes I'm sure this new Beta Version is ready for the YDocs, and I'm certainly looking forward to it's launch in the very near future!
      • kerrynb@ymail.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 3, 2010
          Hi,

          I agree with you here!! :D Thanks for your reply to my question, it was very much appreciated!

          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Henrique de Castro <henrique_csj@...> wrote:

          > Maybe an integration with Zoho.
          > It is a wonderful acquisition if Yahoo wanted to invest in YDocs.
          >
          > --
          > Henrique "LonelySpooky" Junior

        • sy1bzbn
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 4, 2010
            If Yahoo actually starts charging for use of GDocs or MSWord as YApps, all hell will break loose.

            Maybe I am just a realist. I cannot see how a native YDocs will benefit Yahoo - that is unless Yahoo thinks scrobbling data from those docs will generate revenue in some way.

            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 4, 2010
              very much doubt they would charge for it. However, increase user satisfaction from a new service would increase customer retention (even new customers) which = more ad clicks, etc... I'm guessing that would be the business model.

              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 4, 2010
                Well to be honest, I don't remember yahoo! build their own services anymore apart from updating their own existing one. best (worse?) scenario that comes to mind would be an acquisition which would not be integrated at all within the network, think Delicious or Flickr