Re: [Y-Mail] Re: Feedbacks ? Should you bother...

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 2, 2010
      I agree that the attempt to draw in social features is a bit different, though I see this mainly as a user-retainer, rather than to draw in new users. Especially with facebook and twitter being increasingly available on our mobiles, the need to access this on the desktop (at work?) is reduced. Still, I can see this appeals to some people, so I'm not against it per se.

      The applications thing, yes, agree we were discussing it last year to no avail. I just thought that with a new engine it may become more relevant again, and worth discussing.

      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 2, 2010
        Kenton, your comment illustrates an idea that I recently published on this grou that is : t build the new Yahoo! on top of Yahoo! mail Classic which actually offers in one place your whole PIM : Mail, Contacts, Calendar and Notepad (and even briefcase at some point).

        This may seem like an old idea but unified services have always ruled even when pseudo web 2.0 start ups wanted you to hate web portals for a more opened (not to say fragmented) Internet. In the end they had to create OpenID to reunite everything...well done !

        From what we've seen from Yahoo! presentation, the Calendar should be implemented as a tab in the future. i guess they'll soon add link in the application section to make you wait for another year...

        The last Yahoo! Mail beta was launched in september 2005 and lasted two years, let's see what comes up till 2012 :)