Re: Why does yahoo mail put it's own mail in the spam folder??

  • makc666
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 2, 2010
      Forgot to add that Yahoo does have DomainKeys and DKIM.
      http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/postmaster/feedback/

      DomainKeys help detect forged email
      http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/context/context-07.html

      Here is an example from that email:

      The problem is that I don't see any small icon of an envelope and key in the email header as it said in http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/context/context-07.html

      Maxim

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Paula McCartney <paulabbc@...> wrote:

      > Gmail consistently delivers email from my contacts to my spam filter. No system
      > is perfect.

    • ketaki malhotra
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 2, 2010
        I see that small icon of envelope with the key in front of the from addresses, but don't see it in front of the mails from yahoogroups including this yahoogroup... What about other members??

        > from=yahoo.com; domainkeys=pass (ok);  from=yahoo.com;
        > dkim=pass (ok)
        >
        > The problem is that I don't see any small icon of an
        > envelope and key in the email header as it said in http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/context/context-07.html
        >
        > Maxim

      • Sasafrass452
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 2, 2010
          I really don't know what the difference is, but I wouldn't worry about it. If you're going to be that suspicious about every little thing on the internet, then why use it? It's obvious that you're extremely worried about security.... TOO worried, in fact! Surfing the internet shouldn't be a "nail-biting" experience, but apparently, it is for you. Why not take some time to learn what you can trust on the internet, & above all, RELAX!! As long as you use a firewall, antivirus, & antispyware software, & update/use them regularly, you'll be as safe as you can be. Remember, the best protection for your computer is YOU! I know you've encountered hackers before, so you're scared everytime you log on. But it happens to people every day, & can't really be stopped. Just educate yourself, use the tools available, & you'll be able to keep your computer clean & safe.

          **Sasafrass452, aiBR Co-Moderator**