yahoo mail rejecting posts as "SPAM"

  • bobkaplow
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2010
      I've been using the Spamcop service for reporting all my spam email for several years. Until about 2 weeks ago, I've had no issues forwarding spam messages from my yahoo mail account to Spamcop. About 2 weeks ago, yahoo started blocking some of these forwarded messages. Others will go through on the first try. What I'll get for the failures is the following:

      "Your message was not sent

      Your account has been temporarily blocked from sending messages. This block can be caused by sending messages that trigger our spam filters, or by having too many recipients in one email. We encourage you to review the contents and recipient list of your message, and try sending it at after an hour or two. Doing so will usually resolve the matter.
      If you are still unable to send messages after a 24-hour period, please read our FAQ for more information and to request Customer Care assistance.

      We apologize for the inconvenience.

      Thanks,

      The Yahoo! Mail Team
      "

      This will drop me to the capcha crap (which even with my bifocals is hard to read - any one ever heard of ADA?), but even after inputting the correct code, I'll get the same blocked message.

      I've tried repeatedly, but waiting 24 hours or longer makes no difference.

      I've contacted their customer care center multiple times over the past 2 weeks, and haven't even got an automated response, much less a human.

      Does any one have any workaround, or way to get these spam reports actually sent?

      Or a yahoo mail or web contact that will actually respond to the issue and resolve the problem?

      ---

      I've even tried cut and past into spamcops web site, but even with the display full headers, there's missing / corrupted information and the body only shows the text and not all the embedded spamvertized links.
    • shuntcrowley
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 1, 2010
        The problem with forwarding mail to Spamcop is that Spampcop does not just blacklist the sender - but the server and the web host and every open relay in between! Then the ISP has to deal with Spamcop to whitelist their servers. People think that *only* the sender is blacklisted - not so!

        Stephanie HC