Re: Why does yahoo mail put it's own mail in the spam folder??

  • bobkaplow
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 1, 2010
      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "jimntempe" <jimntempe@...> wrote:
      > I've noticed that Yahoo considers it's OWN "group updates" mail to be spam and sends it to the spam folder. How can that make any sense???

      I've noticed this too, particular with the echo back of group posts I've just made.
    • Chris J Brady
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 1, 2010
        It happens all the time - actually been going on for years.It also puts genuine non-spam emails into the Spam folder. I refuse tp pay for the premium / Plus version of Yahoo Mail until they get this sorted out - but they wont. Gmail never makes this mistake.

        Incidentally Yahoo Mail tried to force UK users to adopt the new format that you guys have been introduced to. I for one insisted that Yahoo switches me back to the old version  -which they have now termed 'classic.'

        Then new version seems to be based on Java applets which take forever to download and format for viewing.

        Another nail in yet another Yahoo coffin.

        CJB.

        > I've noticed that Yahoo considers it's OWN "group updates" mail to be spam and sends it to the spam folder. How can that make any sense???

        I've noticed this too, particular with the echo back of group posts I've just made.

      • ketaki malhotra
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 1, 2010
          Are you getting the purple Y on the group update messages from the group? It's that even if the purple Y is not supposed to be there on every message from the group (since its not interaction directly from yahoo), but it is supposed it be there on the messages about updates of the group/ news people adding links/ people adding files to the group etc . I have heard people do get this purple Y on such updates from groups if the group is official yahoo. (this one is).

          > > I've noticed that Yahoo considers it's OWN "group
          > updates" mail to be spam and sends it to the spam
          > folder.  How can that make any sense???
          >
          > I've noticed this too, particular with the echo back of
          > group posts I've just made.
          >

          > ------------------------------------
        • Paula McCartney
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 1, 2010
            Gmail consistently delivers email from my contacts to my spam filter.  No system is perfect.

            In His Grip,
            Paula McCartney

            "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."  2 Timothy 1:7
            http://www.bereanhouston.org/

            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 2, 2010
              Many times when I send emails from me to me via Yahoo! Mail Web interface (just to make notes) those emails had been put into Spam folder.

              I think they have some problem with SPF records.

              Here is an example of email's headers I sent yesterday to my self.
              From Makc666 Mon Nov 1 23:45:03 2010
              Received-SPF: none (mta1035.mail.sk1.yahoo.com: domain of **********@... does not designate permitted sender hosts)

              You see what it says
              *******************
              mta1035.mail.sk1.yahoo.com: domain of **********@... does not designate permitted sender hosts
              *******************

              Crazy isn't it?

              I will sent them a notice about this one.

              Maxim

              --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Paula McCartney <paulabbc@...> wrote:

              > Gmail consistently delivers email from my contacts to my spam filter. No system
              > is perfect.
            • makc666
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 2, 2010
                Forgot to add that Yahoo does have DomainKeys and DKIM.
                http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/postmaster/feedback/

                DomainKeys help detect forged email
                http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/context/context-07.html

                Here is an example from that email:

                The problem is that I don't see any small icon of an envelope and key in the email header as it said in http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/context/context-07.html

                Maxim

                --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Paula McCartney <paulabbc@...> wrote:

                > Gmail consistently delivers email from my contacts to my spam filter. No system
                > is perfect.

              • ketaki malhotra
                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 2, 2010
                  I see that small icon of envelope with the key in front of the from addresses, but don't see it in front of the mails from yahoogroups including this yahoogroup... What about other members??

                  > from=yahoo.com; domainkeys=pass (ok);  from=yahoo.com;
                  > dkim=pass (ok)
                  >
                  > The problem is that I don't see any small icon of an
                  > envelope and key in the email header as it said in http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/context/context-07.html
                  >
                  > Maxim

                • Sasafrass452
                  Message 8 of 9 , Nov 2, 2010
                    I really don't know what the difference is, but I wouldn't worry about it. If you're going to be that suspicious about every little thing on the internet, then why use it? It's obvious that you're extremely worried about security.... TOO worried, in fact! Surfing the internet shouldn't be a "nail-biting" experience, but apparently, it is for you. Why not take some time to learn what you can trust on the internet, & above all, RELAX!! As long as you use a firewall, antivirus, & antispyware software, & update/use them regularly, you'll be as safe as you can be. Remember, the best protection for your computer is YOU! I know you've encountered hackers before, so you're scared everytime you log on. But it happens to people every day, & can't really be stopped. Just educate yourself, use the tools available, & you'll be able to keep your computer clean & safe.

                    **Sasafrass452, aiBR Co-Moderator**