Yahoo help contact

  • ketaki malhotra
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 31, 2010
      Yahoo help contact seems to behave very wierd at times....

      Like one of the things, is what i made a post about a few days back, that the responces from yahoo are without the purple Y etc.

      Another thing, today i had a chat session with a supposedy staff of yahoo on the live chat button. Her english was improper... can i beeive that it was real yahoo????

      Some of her sentences here i paste:

      Cindy: It is asking for further information regarding your issue because the information you've provided is not clear or incompletely

      Cindy: Try to response to their email.

      Cindy: Thanks a lot for chatting. Have a nice one!

    • Sasafrass452
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 31, 2010
        As long as you use the official channels for contacting them, such as the help form or live chat, rest assured it's the real deal. Why are you so skeptical? You seem extremely worried about security, even though you've used the official website. Don't worry about it!!

        **Sasafrass452, aiBR Co-Moderator**

        On 10/31/2010 11:15 AM, ketaki malhotra wrote:
        Yahoo help contact seems to behave very wierd at times....

        Like one of the things, is what i made a post about a few days back, that the responces from yahoo are without the purple Y etc.

        Another thing, today i had a chat session with a supposedy staff of yahoo on the live chat button. Her english was improper... can i beeive that it was real yahoo????

        Some of her sentences here i paste:

        Cindy: It is asking for further information regarding your issue because the information you've provided is not clear or incompletely

        Cindy: Try to response to their email.

        Cindy: Thanks a lot for chatting.  Have a nice one!

            Y-Mail-digest@yahoogroups.com

      • ketaki malhotra
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 31, 2010
          yeas sasafrass452, i do seem skeptical to many people. i have gone through attacks from hackers maybe that is why i have become skeptical.
          The problem is the session could be hijacked. Its no garuntee that if we are on the official website, we are chatting with yahoo, because there are redirects and hijacks. The yahoo website including the help pages are not SSL (secure socket layer) unlike gmail, hotmail, and other popular ones. Infact these days, some forums too i have seen, are SSL.

          > for contacting them, such as the help form or live
          > chat, rest
          > assured it's the real deal. Why are you so
          > skeptical? You seem
          > extremely worried about security, even though
          > you've used the
          > official website. Don't worry about it!!
          >

          > **Sasafrass452, aiBR Co-Moderator**
          >

          > On 10/31/2010 11:15 AM, ketaki malhotra wrote:
          >
          > Yahoo help contact seems to behave very wierd at
          > times....
          >
          > Like one of the things, is what i made a post about a few
          > days back, that the responces from yahoo are without the
          > purple Y etc.
          >
          > Another thing, today i had a chat session with a supposedy
          > staff of yahoo on the live chat button. Her english was
          > improper... can i beeive that it was real yahoo????
          >
          > Some of her sentences here i paste:

          > Cindy: It is asking for further information regarding your
          > issue because the information you've provided is not
          > clear or incompletely

          > Cindy: Try to response to their email.

          > Cindy: Thanks a lot for chatting. Have a nice one!

          > ------------------------------------
        • Sasafrass452
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 31, 2010
            Well, as far as being hijacked or redirected, you can tell that from the url. As long as it says Yahoo.com, you're safe. Just stick to the official channels, & don't worry about it. Let Yahoo handle the hackers.... they have people monitoring their systems 24/7, so if there's a hacker, they'll know about it. As for your own computer, just be careful which sites you download from & scan your system regularly for viruses & spyware. I recommend Avast & Ad-Aware. Also, don't open suspicious/unsolicited email attachments(the filenames usually end with .exe).

            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 31, 2010
              oh thanks, i just read your reply-post. well i had already written this , so i will post it:

              i also had placed a question there from my other yahoo account too, and just like this account, i got a responce from them which didnt have the purple Y trademark sign etc on the message. But, i have to hit 'reply' to reply to them. If i copy-paste the sender id and send my reply, it doesn't get through. All i get back is a autoresponce immediately with proper purple Y saying something like "this is not aa valid yahoo address" etc.

              But if i try to hit 'reply', and reply to those mails, then it gets through.

              Well, let me explain. For example first i place my question on the help form. Then i get a responce from suppose in-mail@...-inc.com asking for further details and explanation of my issue. Now i have two choices, whether to hit 'reply' and reply back, or to copy-paste 'in-mail@...-inc.com' into the To field and reply back.

              So the first way, the message gets through, but the second way if i implement, i just get a autoresponce from Yahoo (purple Y and domain key) that 'Thankyou for contacting you, but this email address is not in use'. Something like that responce.

              > for contacting them, such as the help form or live
              > chat, rest
              > assured it's the real deal. Why are you so
              > skeptical? You seem
              > extremely worried about security, even though
              > you've used the
              > official website. Don't worry about it!!
              >

              > **Sasafrass452, aiBR Co-Moderator**
              >

              > On 10/31/2010 11:15 AM, ketaki malhotra wrote:
              >
              > Yahoo help contact seems to behave very wierd at
              > times....
              >
              > Like one of the things, is what i made a post about a few
              > days back, that the responces from yahoo are without the
              > purple Y etc.
              >
              > Another thing, today i had a chat session with a supposedy
              > staff of yahoo on the live chat button. Her english was
              > improper... can i beeive that it was real yahoo????
              >
              > Some of her sentences here i paste:

              > Cindy: It is asking for further information regarding your
              > issue because the information you've provided is not
              > clear or incompletely

              > Cindy: Try to response to their email.

              > Cindy: Thanks a lot for chatting. Have a nice one!

              > ------------------------------------
            • Sasafrass452

                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 31, 2010
                  No, when i hit 'reply' to those responces, the To field then contains the exact same email address which i copy-paste.

> [...]
                  > you've used the
                  > official website. Don't worry about it!!
                  >

                  > **Sasafrass452, aiBR Co-Moderator**
                  >

                  > On 10/31/2010 11:15 AM, ketaki malhotra wrote:
                  >
                  > Yahoo help contact seems to behave very wierd at
                  > times....
                  >
                  > Like one of the things, is what i made a post about a few
                  > days back, that the responces from yahoo are without the
                  > purple Y etc.
                  >
                  > Another thing, today i had a chat session with a supposedy
                  > staff of yahoo on the live chat button. Her english was
                  > improper... can i beeive that it was real yahoo????
                  >
                  > Some of her sentences here i paste:

                  > Cindy: It is asking for further information regarding your
                  > issue because the information you've provided is not
                  > clear or incompletely

                  > Cindy: Try to response to their email.

                  > Cindy: Thanks a lot for chatting. Have a nice one!

                • Sasafrass452
                  Message 8 of 8 , Nov 1, 2010
                    Ahh.... Well, I really don't know why that happens. Wish I could help!