Making Yahoo my default mail program using Windows7

  • deuceswild4
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 26, 2010
      If this has been covered here before I apologize. I did a mesasage search but didnt find the answer to my question which is: How do I make Yahoo Mail my default mail program using my new Windows 7 laptop? That option isnt available when I click Tools>Internet Options>Programs in IE8.
    • GuillaumeB
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 26, 2010
        Check out this article it may help you

        http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/settings/settings-10.html

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 26, 2010
          Thanks for the link but I really dont want the Yahoo Toolbar and the other option there applies to Windows XP not Windows 7. When you click on the programs tab in Windows 7 it takes you directly to control panel and Yahoo mail is not one of the options available for a default mail program(See the last sentence in my original message).