Re: How to make group settings so you're not nagged?

  • makc666
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 11, 2010
      I don't know such setting but I can't understand what is the problem for you to press Enter once to confirm.

      You can use "Empty" link to clean the whole Spam folder.
      Or you can mark Good email in Spam folder as "Not Spam" and then Empty it.

      The confirmation there is because mails from Spam folder are not moved to Trash folder when you delete them.

      Maxim

      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 12, 2010
        I usually select all of the emails in spam folder, and then drag them into the trash. That way you avoid the alert you mention.

        "makc666" <makc666@...> wrote:

        >I don't know such setting but I can't understand what is the problem for you to press Enter once to confirm.
        >
        >You can use "Empty" link to clean the whole Spam folder.
        >Or you can mark Good email in Spam folder as "Not Spam" and then Empty it.
        >
        >The confirmation there is because mails from Spam folder are not moved to Trash folder when you delete them.
        >
        >Maxim
        >
        >--- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Joseph Singer <weekilter@...> wrote:
        >>
        >> I hope this is a good place to ask this question. Is there a setting for Y! mail to make it so that it doesn't ask for confirmation when you choose to delete mail from the spam folder? I determine it's spam I don't understand why it asks for my confirmation before I can get rid of it?
        >>
        >> TIA
        >> + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - +
        >> Joseph Singer
        >> weekilter@...

      • makc666
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 12, 2010
          I am trying to say that I see no any problem in alert and that you have to press OK. :)

          > I usually select all of the emails in spam folder, and then drag them into the trash. That way you avoid the alert you mention.

        • P
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 12, 2010
            I believe moving spam messages out of Spam folder marking them as valid emails and not spams. The best way to report spams is by marking them as spams (or, putting them in Spam folder) and empty it.

            > I usually select all of the emails in spam folder, and then drag them into the trash. That way you avoid the alert you mention.
            >
            > "makc666" <makc666@...> wrote:
            >
            > >I don't know such setting but I can't understand what is the problem for you to press Enter once to confirm.
            > >
            > >You can use "Empty" link to clean the whole Spam folder.
            > >Or you can mark Good email in Spam folder as "Not Spam" and then Empty it.
            > >
            > >The confirmation there is because mails from Spam folder are not moved to Trash folder when you delete them.
            > >
            > >Maxim
            > >
            > >--- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Joseph Singer <weekilter@> wrote:
            > >>
            > >> I hope this is a good place to ask this question. Is there a setting for Y! mail to make it so that it doesn't ask for confirmation when you choose to delete mail from the spam folder? I determine it's spam I don't understand why it asks for my confirmation before I can get rid of it?
            > >>
            > >> TIA
            > >> Joseph Singer
            > >> weekilter@

          • sy1bzbn
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 12, 2010
              I will not even bother doing that. Just mark them all read and leave them.

              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 12, 2010
                Good point. As a matter of fact, you don't even have to mark them as read. All messages in the Spam folder will be reported as spams. If you see Spams in your Inbox or personal folder, just select and mark them as Spams.

                Spam folder is regularly emptied at a certain interval, based on your settings in Mail Options. It is under Spam section, and the options are immediately, 1x a week, every 2 weeks, and 1x a month.