Re: [Y-Mail] RE:New app in Yahoo Mail?

  • Henrique de Castro
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 5, 2010
      It is gone now. =)

      Henrique "LonelySpooky" Junior

      From: "guillaume@..." <guillaume@...>
      To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tue, October 5, 2010 6:43:04 PM
      Subject: [Y-Mail] RE:New app in Yahoo Mail?

      Well you know I'm already speculating about an actual "Gallery" application based on the Xoopit acquisition :p

    • geller@yahoo-inc.com
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 6, 2010
        Hi -

        I'm excited to have joined Yahoo! recently in product management in the mail group. The "gallery app" appeared due to a technical blip. The gallery should continued to be accessed in the usual way. We're looking into how this appeared. Glad to see that folks are paying attention. :-)

        Miriam
        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 7, 2010
          Thanks Miriam for getting back to us.

          Out of interest, do you know (or are allowed to tell us) if there are more applications being developed for yahoo mail?

          Many thanks

          Gabriel

          geller@... wrote:

          >Hi -
          >
          >I'm excited to have joined Yahoo! recently in product management in the mail group. The "gallery app" appeared due to a technical blip. The gallery should continued to be accessed in the usual way. We're looking into how this appeared. Glad to see that folks are paying attention. :-)
          >
          >Miriam
        • Miriam Geller
          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 7, 2010
            Hi Gabriel -

            We have a program for app development that is still open.  There are developers around the world who continue to create apps.  We sign contracts/NDAs with those developers so I can't comment specifically on what those apps are and when they would appear.

            Miriam

            geller@... wrote:

            >Hi -
            >
            >I'm excited to have joined Yahoo! recently in product management in the mail group. The "gallery app" appeared due to a technical blip. The gallery should continued to be accessed in the usual way. We're looking into how this appeared. Glad to see that folks are paying attention. :-)
            >
            >Miriam

          • Henrique de Castro
            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 7, 2010
              I believe that having access to third party applications directly from my email was a great idea from Yahoo. Unfortunately, the idea started and was somewhat stagnant, including (in my opinion), some applications that are virtually useless, as in the Photobucket app case, it stopped working and remains abandoned. Having these applications seems, again, another great idea where Yahoo has "changed his mind".
              Please do not misunderstand me, I'm actually a big fan of Yahoo products, but the company has a bad habit of giving little or no return to its users.