Re: [Y-Mail] New app in Yahoo Mail?

  • Henrique de Castro
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 4, 2010
      Maybe we have encountered a piece of the new Yahoo Mail Beta. This app seems to be looking for some view modes that we do not have yet.

      Henrique "LonelySpooky" Junior

      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 4, 2010
        Arrf saw that yeh pretty weird
      • shazen27@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 5, 2010
          My guess is that it was a mistake...if you'll notice, if you click the + to go to the Add/Remove applications tab, this tab is also called "gallery". I'm willing to bet it's a just a hidden file that some how got made visible.
          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 5, 2010
            i think you're right - funnily enough, just looked now and it's gone!

          • guillaume@crackberry.com
            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 5, 2010
              Well you know I'm already speculating about an actual "Gallery" application based on the Xoopit acquisition :p
            • Henrique de Castro
              Message 6 of 12 , Oct 5, 2010
                It is gone now. =)

                Henrique "LonelySpooky" Junior

                Message 7 of 12 , Oct 6, 2010
                  Hi -

                  I'm excited to have joined Yahoo! recently in product management in the mail group. The "gallery app" appeared due to a technical blip. The gallery should continued to be accessed in the usual way. We're looking into how this appeared. Glad to see that folks are paying attention. :-)

                  Miriam
                  Message 8 of 12 , Oct 7, 2010
                    Thanks Miriam for getting back to us.

                    Out of interest, do you know (or are allowed to tell us) if there are more applications being developed for yahoo mail?

                    Many thanks

                    Gabriel

                    geller@... wrote:

                    >Hi -
                    >
                    >I'm excited to have joined Yahoo! recently in product management in the mail group. The "gallery app" appeared due to a technical blip. The gallery should continued to be accessed in the usual way. We're looking into how this appeared. Glad to see that folks are paying attention. :-)
                    >
                    >Miriam
                  • Miriam Geller
                    Message 9 of 12 , Oct 7, 2010
                      Hi Gabriel -

                      We have a program for app development that is still open.  There are developers around the world who continue to create apps.  We sign contracts/NDAs with those developers so I can't comment specifically on what those apps are and when they would appear.

                      Miriam

                      geller@... wrote:

                      >Hi -
                      >
                      >I'm excited to have joined Yahoo! recently in product management in the mail group. The "gallery app" appeared due to a technical blip. The gallery should continued to be accessed in the usual way. We're looking into how this appeared. Glad to see that folks are paying attention. :-)
                      >
                      >Miriam

                    • Henrique de Castro
                      Message 10 of 12 , Oct 7, 2010
                        I believe that having access to third party applications directly from my email was a great idea from Yahoo. Unfortunately, the idea started and was somewhat stagnant, including (in my opinion), some applications that are virtually useless, as in the Photobucket app case, it stopped working and remains abandoned. Having these applications seems, again, another great idea where Yahoo has "changed his mind".
                        Please do not misunderstand me, I'm actually a big fan of Yahoo products, but the company has a bad habit of giving little or no return to its users.