Re: [Y-Mail] New app in Yahoo Mail?

    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 4, 2010
      I noticed it too and got the same message - really not sure. Sadly I've given up hope for yahoo using the applications effectively. It could have developed into a useful application list with possible mutual commercial benefits, in order to encourage users to spend more time on yahoo.

      Never mind - still waiting to see how the applications slot into the new yahoo mail beta

      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 4, 2010
        Maybe we have encountered a piece of the new Yahoo Mail Beta. This app seems to be looking for some view modes that we do not have yet.

      • guillaume@crackberry.com
        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 4, 2010
          Arrf saw that yeh pretty weird
        • shazen27@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 5, 2010
            My guess is that it was a mistake...if you'll notice, if you click the + to go to the Add/Remove applications tab, this tab is also called "gallery". I'm willing to bet it's a just a hidden file that some how got made visible.
            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 5, 2010
              i think you're right - funnily enough, just looked now and it's gone!

              Message 6 of 12 , Oct 5, 2010
                Well you know I'm already speculating about an actual "Gallery" application based on the Xoopit acquisition :p
              • Henrique de Castro
                Message 7 of 12 , Oct 5, 2010
                  It is gone now. =)

                  Henrique "LonelySpooky" Junior

                  Message 8 of 12 , Oct 6, 2010
                    Hi -

                    I'm excited to have joined Yahoo! recently in product management in the mail group. The "gallery app" appeared due to a technical blip. The gallery should continued to be accessed in the usual way. We're looking into how this appeared. Glad to see that folks are paying attention. :-)

                    Miriam
                    Message 9 of 12 , Oct 7, 2010
                      Thanks Miriam for getting back to us.

                      Out of interest, do you know (or are allowed to tell us) if there are more applications being developed for yahoo mail?

                      Many thanks

                      Gabriel

                      geller@... wrote:

                      >Hi -
                      >
                      >I'm excited to have joined Yahoo! recently in product management in the mail group. The "gallery app" appeared due to a technical blip. The gallery should continued to be accessed in the usual way. We're looking into how this appeared. Glad to see that folks are paying attention. :-)
                      >
                      >Miriam
                    • Miriam Geller
                      Message 10 of 12 , Oct 7, 2010
                        Hi Gabriel -

                        We have a program for app development that is still open.  There are developers around the world who continue to create apps.  We sign contracts/NDAs with those developers so I can't comment specifically on what those apps are and when they would appear.

                        Miriam

                        geller@... wrote:

                        >Hi -
                        >
                        >I'm excited to have joined Yahoo! recently in product management in the mail group. The "gallery app" appeared due to a technical blip. The gallery should continued to be accessed in the usual way. We're looking into how this appeared. Glad to see that folks are paying attention. :-)
                        >
                        >Miriam

                      • Henrique de Castro
                        Message 11 of 12 , Oct 7, 2010
                          I believe that having access to third party applications directly from my email was a great idea from Yahoo. Unfortunately, the idea started and was somewhat stagnant, including (in my opinion), some applications that are virtually useless, as in the Photobucket app case, it stopped working and remains abandoned. Having these applications seems, again, another great idea where Yahoo has "changed his mind".
                          Please do not misunderstand me, I'm actually a big fan of Yahoo products, but the company has a bad habit of giving little or no return to its users.