Re: [Y-Mail] RE:Will Yahoo Groups Remodel impact Yahoo Mail usage?

  • Shal Farley
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 30, 2010
      Hi guillaume,

      >Though off-topic this indeed is a topic to be discuss and I want
      >to receive as many feedbacks as possible from people either
      >hating or loving this new group experience

      I've enjoyed having this group as an example of the new format, and am glad they haven't (yet?) reverted it.

      In an odd way, though off-topic, I think it is rather fitting that this group be a test of the new groups format. Presumably most members here interact with the group (read and post messages) via Yahoo Mail rather than via the group's Messages section. If I'm right about that then the remodel is not mission-critical to this group and its members.

      -- Shal
    • Dust Bunnie
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 1, 2010
        There is no way that I would ever use posting from group site now.
        The font type is way to small and no settings to make the font larger..
        short of zooming the whole page.. which is ridiculous. They have taken away
        the ability to format the posts.

            Y-Mail-digest@yahoogroups.com

      • junepurr@gmail.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 1, 2010
          I've read this entire thread in my email, but now I'm here in the group and will check out all the new stuff.
        • Shal Farley
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 2, 2010
            Teach me to presume anything...

            A quick review of the last three months indicates that 307 of 694 posts, from 108 of 186 members used the Groups Message Poster. So, something like half.

            Now I suppose I shouldn't presume that people who post from the group's pages also read from the groups pages. Nor does this tell me anything about the 5000 or so lurkers...

            But there you have it.

            -- Shal