Re: [Y-Mail] Next-generation Y!Mail - feature request

    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 10, 2010
      Just thought of another really useful feature I'd like: linking email account to online storage service. Currently YMail has an application "My Drive" which opens up access to Zumodrive, an excellent multiplatform online storage service (just like dropbox for those who use that).

      It would be very neat if email attachments could be right clicked straight into an online storage service as above - emails can be sorted + searchedwell, but one can organise files better (+ rename filenames) on a virtual drive. Probably google are going that way with a G Drive. Like many things unfortunately, I think Yahoo used to compete in this area with a Y Drive, but this was discontinued long ago.

      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 10, 2010
        I agree... Zumodrive even has an iphone app which is fine so getting the Ymail to share/drop files on it would be great!

        Loving The Music - www.robigophotography.com - Capturing Your Wedding Day

        Wedding Photographer Photography Warrington Cheshire Northwest Rob Igo

        Just thought of another really useful feature I'd like: linking email account to online storage service. Currently YMail has an application "My Drive" which opens up access to Zumodrive, an excellent multiplatform online storage service (just like dropbox for those who use that).

        It would be very neat if email attachments could be right clicked straight into an online storage service as above - emails can be sorted + searchedwell, but one can organise files better (+ rename filenames) on a virtual drive. Probably google are going that way with a G Drive. Like many things unfortunately, I think Yahoo used to compete in this area with a Y Drive, but this was discontinued long ago.

        A few, tiny, very little more infos about the new Y!Mail currently underwork:
        http://guillaumeb.com/ym/

      • GuillaumeB
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 10, 2010
          Well yeh we used to be able to directly save attachment to the Y!briefcase. Personaly i don't really care for ZumoDrive at all. Dropbox is so much easier and so much faster.
          Also well I like the picture filter in the Classic version of Yahoo! mail. Hopefully the Xoopit technology will be used to achieve that.

          As for future ideas, i used to draw concepts. here are some : http://is.gd/f41Lp

          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 10, 2010
            Yes, liked your concepts. Conversation idea sadly never implemented - thought that was particularly good, along with quick view of calendar.
            Dropbox vs zumodrive not the main issue - I'm happy to use either service that would be linked / integrated with YMail in way suggested.

            Well yeh we used to be able to directly save attachment to the Y!briefcase. Personaly i don't really care for ZumoDrive at all. Dropbox is so much easier and so much faster.
            Also well I like the picture filter in the Classic version of Yahoo! mail. Hopefully the Xoopit technology will be used to achieve that.

            As for future ideas, i used to draw concepts. here are some : http://is.gd/f41Lp

            --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Rob Igo <robigouk@...> wrote:

            > I agree... Zumodrive even has an iphone app which is fine so getting the Ymail
            > to share/drop files on it would be great!
            >

            > Loving The Music - www.robigophotography.com - Capturing Your Wedding Day
            >

            > Wedding Photographer Photography Warrington Cheshire Northwest Rob Igo
            >

            > ________________________________

          • cth11
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 10, 2010
              --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "GuillaumeB" <guillaume@...> wrote:

              > A few, tiny, very little more infos about the new Y!Mail currently underwork:
              > http://guillaumeb.com/ym/

              Thanks......Very much looking forward to this. I hope there is a way I can get on the beta group like I did on the last one.

              Chuck
              St. Paul, MN
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 10, 2010
                agree - me too

                > A few, tiny, very little more infos about the new Y!Mail currently underwork:
                > http://guillaumeb.com/ym/

                Thanks......Very much looking forward to this. I hope there is a way I can get on the beta group like I did on the last one.

                Chuck
                St. Paul, MN

              • shazen27
                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 10, 2010
                  Me as well. I love being on the cutting edge and helping to find all the bugs so they can get worked out!

                  Message 8 of 9 , Sep 10, 2010
                    and i quite like the group discussions on here - it's been very quiet recently prob cos lack of really revolutionary changes / enhancements.