new email

  • greatyoga
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 8, 2010
      Ever since Yahoo started the new email, I have had problems with it. It is extremely slow to load between emails. One time Opera said that the new email did not work well with Opera and offered to use the older one. However, since then it has not asked that and I do not know how to get the old version. This also happens in IE. Why doesn't Yahoo fix this? How can I get the old version to load every time? I am thinking of just using gmail although I like the yahoo groups much better than Google groups.

      Thanks
      GB
    • Sasafrass452
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 8, 2010
        You can still use Gmail with Yahoo Groups, if you'd like. Simply associate the email address with your Yahoo account, & select the address in each of your group memberships. Group messages will then be sent to that address.

        **Sasafrass452, aiBR Co-Moderator**

        On 09/08/2010 04:42 PM, greatyoga wrote:
        Ever since Yahoo started the new email, I have had problems with it.  It is extremely slow to load between emails.  One time Opera said that the new email did not work well with Opera and offered to use the older one.  However, since then it has not asked that and I do not know how to get the old version.  This also happens in IE.  Why doesn't Yahoo fix this?  How can I get the old version to load every time?  I am thinking of just using gmail although I like the yahoo groups much better than Google groups.

        Thanks
        GB

            Y-Mail-digest@yahoogroups.com

      • rogerscabin
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 8, 2010
          to get the old version of mail go to your mail page and in the top right side of the page will be the word ' options ' click on that there will be a drop-down menue it will say 'loading' first just wait for it to load when the menue shows up on the bottom will be the words ' mail classic...' click on that and it will take you to the old yahoo mail, the old mail is known as ' yahoo mail classic' you can still get it for any browser it works a lot better on older pc's and laptops or netbooks